Weaver Ejected, I mean Buck Ejected

BillySmith

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not really getting the call right, that's putting one side at a disadvantage by crap umpiring.

Angel should have been fired when he blew that homerun call against the A's. I am more angry at MLB for allowing this horrific umpiring. MLB umpiring has been a joke for quite some time now.

I'm not going to get bent out of shape about this. Why? Because I am always preaching that I want them to get the call right no matter what.

Actually they got the call wrong twice. Second wrong call was worse than first. Because they had time to think about second call

Actually they got the call wrong twice. Second wrong call was worse than first. Because they had time to think about second call

What was wrong about the 2nd call? I watched the replay and even the announcers say he struck out. And judging by when Davis stopped running, and when the throw from the catcher reached first, I think he would have been out anyway. Unless the throw to first ricochet off Davis but that rarely happens if ever.

But then again Davis is huge so who knows.

I don't think the argument is how the other umpires can see it. I think the argument is about how Chris Davis lost his shot to run to first base because of the miscall.

*edit*

I'm replying to the announcers in the video, I haven't completely read through the thread yet.

What was wrong about the 2nd call? I watched the replay and even the announcers say he struck out. And judging by when Davis stopped running, and when the throw from the catcher reached first, I think he would have been out anyway. Unless the throw to first ricochet off Davis but that rarely happens if ever.

But then again Davis is huge so who knows.

By calling the ball foul the play is dead. What if the ball had gone to the backstop? Or there was a runner on third who could have would have scored? Once you call the ball dead you can't undo it. He blew the first call and shouldn't have reversed it once he called the play dead.

It really matters that the rules were broken by the umpires. Not the results of that one call, that was blown twice. Umpires will be suspended over this.

What? Why? They got the call right eventually. Davis would almost certainly have been out anyway. My only beef is that the Jays arguing seemed to be what overturned the call.

By calling the ball foul the play is dead. What if the ball had gone to the backstop? Or there was a runner on third who could have would have scored? Once you call the ball dead you can't undo it. He blew the first call and shouldn't have reversed it once he called the play dead.

It didn't and there wasn't so there was no on-field consequence from getting the call right.

It didn't and there wasn't so there was no on-field consequence from getting the call right.

Maybe Davis running hard to 1B puts pressure on the C and he makes a bad throw. You can't just call a play dead and let it continue after one side stops playing.

Maybe Davis running hard to 1B puts pressure on the C and he makes a bad throw. You can't just call a play dead and let it continue after one side stops playing.

Maybe Davis would have turned his ankle running hard to first, and this was a blessing in disguise?

Archived