The Strop experiment needs to end...

MemorialStadKid

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure but the games over.

Pretty sure it is beyond our ability to have an effect on the outcome now.

And yes I would have used JJ there.

I'll play along. It's June 21rst, this isn't September. You are going to get your closer up every game it is tied in the 9th on the road? You still need to have a pitcher after the inning. Who finishes the game.

No, I got it. Just don't get why another Oriole fan chooses to be snarky with another fan in this situation. Really kind of dumb to do that.

MSK

Well I can't speak for him but I've read enough of Corn's posts to know he's not being snarky with you as much as he's using sarcasm as a coping mechanism for dealing with dumb baseball.

It's like when an umpire calls a strike in the opposite batter's box and one of us says "thank god for the human element I really enjoy watching C.B. Bucknor work."

You might get away with the ghetto look with the tilted cap and big gold chain if you can pitch but when your era is around 7 you just look like an idiot.

If you want to discuss Strop's pitching in an intelligent way, great. But please don't make comments like this.

Well I can't speak for him but I've read enough of Corn's posts to know he's not being snarky with you as much as he's using sarcasm as a coping mechanism for dealing with dumb baseball.

It's like when an umpire calls a strike in the opposite batter's box and one of us says "thank god for the human element I really enjoy watching C.B. Bucknor work."

I got Smoosh playing. You ever try and stay annoyed with Smoosh in your headphones? I don't think its possible.

I was just trying to be amusing.

I'll play along. It's June 21rst, this isn't September. You are going to get your closer up every game it is tied in the 9th on the road? You still need to have a pitcher after the inning. Who finishes the game.

It is a matter of leverage.

Just like the last week, you do not bring in your shakiest reliever in the highest leverage situation you can find.

Strop should not be coming into games that:

Are competitive

Are late innings

Have men already on base

This case was all three. You bring Strop in for a clean inning and he blows up you wouldn't have heard a peep from me.

You don't bring in a guy who struggles when he comes in with men on base, has control issues, and is quite likely to bounce a pitch, into that situation. If you don't go JJ, you stick with with Matusz.

If you want to discuss Strop's pitching in an intelligent way, great. But please don't make comments like this.

There is a thread about the Red Sox players beards. I don't think he looks.professional if he could pitch it wouldn't bother me as much.

Hunter has been great, no complaints there. Not sure I would have left Matusz in myself. Would I have pitched Strop? Of course not, but I might have cut him weeks ago.

Bottom line: the Blue Jays are red hot and need to be feared in the AL East

It is a matter of leverage.

Just like the last week, you do not bring in your shakiest reliever in the highest leverage situation you can find.

Strop should not be coming into games that:

Are competitive

Are late innings

Have men already on base

This case was all three. You bring Strop in for a clean inning and he blows up you wouldn't have heard a peep from me.

I would of let Matusz in but I would not of gone to JJ. I agree in general with what you are saying but I would not be using my closer in tie games on the road on June 21rst. There is no way that Strop is pitching in there if it is September.

Archived