The Strop experiment needs to end...

MemorialStadKid

I don't think it is in any way fair to blame tonight's loss on Strop. All he did was give up a single. We can wonder why Russel chose to bring Stop in in that situation. So, with that being said, it really might be time to end the "experiment" and expose him to waivers or include him in a trade package (assuming he has trade value). We need to have one more reliable right handed arm after Hunter, O'Day and Johnson.

I'm thinking there might be a good possibility that this may come to pass when Chen comes off the DL. But, it may depend on how well Britton is pitching. If Britton shows he can hold down the 5th starters spot (at least until DD can pull off a trade for another starter) then Garcia should, IMO, move into the bullpen.

However, if Britton cannot do the job then I guess Garcia will need to stay in the rotation because I don't think they'll move Britton to the bullpen at this point.

Ultimately the O's need to trade for another starter and another bullpen arm.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should involve Strop in a trade to Chicago for Peavy and Crain. I'm sure they could afford to wait him out, and if it pays off he'd be a fine replacement for Crain.

Hell, I'll take a half a pack of smokes. I'm glad I missed it. I'm about one Strop outing away from the big one.

Is Rauch ready?

Rauch may be a decent short term fix but acquiring someone like Crain would permanently fix the problem. Having Hunter, DOD, JJ, and Crain as righties to go along with Matusz and an improving Patton as lefties and TJ as the long man would be awesome.

If strop was in the military, he would have had a "soap party" from the rest of the team by now.

I'm sorry, but he no longer has a role on this team. He sucked at the end of last year and he's suck all year long this year.

It's time to make a move. Dfa him and if someone picks him up, so be it.

Hendrickson has been great so far at AAA. I'd rather see him and his crazy 6"9 side arm delivery than strop and his titled cap and complete lack of control and command.

Strop is hurting this team......noticeably and consistently. He has no use on a contending team. Pull the plug, enough is enough.

If strop was in the military, he would have had a "soap party" from the rest of the team by now.

I'm sorry, but he no longer has a role on this team. He sucked at the end of last year and he's suck all year long this year.

It's time to make a move. Dfa him and if someone picks him up, so be it.

Hendrickson has been great so far at AAA. I'd rather see him and his crazy 6"9 side arm delivery than strop and his titled cap and complete lack of control and command.

Strop is hurting this team......noticeably and consistently. He has no use on a contending team. Pull the plug, enough is enough.

I think there's a good chance his days with the O's are numbered, whether it be when Chen gets back or when a trade is made. I can also understand vitriol directed at Strop, even if I personally don't express it myself. BUT, all he did tonight is give up a single. It wasn't an implosion like the other night against the Angles. Obviously, if we are not going to use Johnson in a situation like that, where Hunter and O'Day have already been used, we need to have another right-handed arm to fill that role. I'm not arguing to keep Strop on the roster, although I would listen intently to anyone who can make an argument in his favor, I'm just saying that he threw, what(?) 3 or 4 pitches tonight and gave up a well hit single. This performance is not indicative of the pitcher Strop is.

Deals I would make without even blinking an eye, just because I've faced facts that we need another Reliever and a Starter to win the division.

1. Cubs- Feldman and Villanueva/Russell for Arrieta, Strop, Wright, Hoes/Avery and maybe T.Wilson/D.Jones

Cubs- Garza and Villanueva/Russell for Arrieta, Strop, Wright, Hoes/Avery and maybe T.Wilson/D.Jones

2. Marlins- Nolasco and Cishek for Arrieta, Strop, Wright, Davies and Hoes/Avery.

Arrieta and Strop don't have value. So you don't need to put them into trades like someone wants them. We picked up Strop on waivers that is how his next team is going to acquire him.

No, you are right, the one single he gave up isn't indicative of how bad he's been.

His nearly 7 era is. Hendrickson and Rauch are both in Norfolk and could be callee up immediately. It's time to make that move.

Right. That's exactly what I'm saying. Which leads me to believe that reactions to his outing tonight are, well.... reactionary. :D He has pitched well enough his last two outings and I don't think tonight's outing can be used as more fodder against him. That's all I'm really saying.

Personally, I wouldn't want to cut ties with Strop unless we are bringing in a definite upgrade. That may need to come via trade. I, personally again, don't view Rauch or Hendrickson as an upgrade. Right or wrong, Hendrickson's lefthandedness would have excluded him from replacing Matusz in tonight's scenario anyhow. Last I had read Rauch was not looking good down at Norfolk and he was equally as dreadful as Strop, earlier this season with Miami.

Arrieta and Strop don't have value. So you don't need to put them into trades like someone wants them. We picked up Strop on waivers that is how his next team is going to acquire him.

Actually we traded mike gonzalez for him. And strop and Arrieta are classic guys that need to go pitch for NL losing teams and be put in low pressure situations. Unfortunately we are in a pennant chase in the best division in baseball. But they do have some value.

Right. That's exactly what I'm saying. Which leads me to believe that reactions to his outing tonight are, well.... reactionary. :D He has pitched well enough his last two outings and I don't think tonight's outing can be used as more fodder against him. That's all I'm really saying.

Personally, I wouldn't want to cut ties with Strop unless we are bringing in a definite upgrade. That may need to come via trade. I, personally again, don't view Rauch or Hendrickson as an upgrade. Right or wrong, Hendrickson's lefthandedness would have excluded him from replacing Matusz in tonight's scenario anyhow. Last I had read Rauch was not looking good down at Norfolk and he was equally as dreadful as Strop, earlier this season with Miami.

No, tonight was another example he's not good enough.

The two outings in blowout games were the meaningless games. He has failed time and time again this year when it counts. He should never have been in the game to begin with.

But he was put in and only needed one out and choked again.

He's had more than enough chances. Valverde was just released from the tigers for far less than what strop has done this year.

It's time to make the tough decision and release strop.

Archived