Koji

Russsnyder

I've never been a fan of PGA, but I don't blame him for not signing Koji. That's on DD. IMO, DD didn't want to sink 4 mil or multi years, which may have nabbed him, into Koj. I think it was a mistake. It especially hurts because Koji's pitching well for BOS.

I have no inside information, but I think PGA thinks DD spends the Orioles money wisely so he would have given him money for Koji, DD just want it.

We lead the league in blown saves. Koji woud have helped. We lead the league in blown saves at 15, and tonight is the 12th time O's have scored 5 or more runs in a defeat. By far the most among AL contenders

Koji would have helped this team immensely. Peter wouldn't pay him.

You have a source or link to indicate Angelos refused to pay Koji? Or are you pulling it out of thin air? (I bet I know the answer.)

I think some people are forgetting that the Orioles' bullpen at the beginning of the year was so stacked that they actually had to trade a reliable reliever (Luis Ayala) just to clear the logjam. The bullpen was not an area of need this offseason, and I don't recall a lot of people clamoring for the O's to sign relievers. There's quite a bit of hindsight going on in this thread.

We lead the league in blown saves. Koji woud have helped. We lead the league in blown saves at 15, and tonight is the 12th time O's have scored 5 or more runs in a defeat. By far the most among AL contenders

First of all, that is 20/20 hindsight. Look at last year's stats. The offense was slightly below average. The starting pitching was slightly below average. The bullpen was one of the best of all time. So what would your offseason priority have been? Second of all, the team leads the majors in both saves and blown saves. Simply put, they get way more save opportunities than most teams, so they blow more. Their save percentage is 65%, mediocre but not terrible.

Again, my point is not that our bullpen has been great (or even above average) this year, or that Koji wouldn't be helping us right now. My point is, last winter, I would not have expected the Orioles to be looking to spend $4 mm on a setup man.

No it is not beside the point. The way Strop finished last season you had confidence in him?

Sure, as much as I do in any relief pitcher.

Strop was clearly fatigued when he hit his rough patch last season. There was no reason to assume that trading him and signing an expensive relief pitcher was the correct move.

Sure, as much as I do in any relief pitcher.

There was no reason to assume that trading him and signing an expensive relief pitcher was the correct move.

Relievers are a fickle bunch. try pitching Koji four times a week and see what you get.

Relievers are a fickle bunch. try pitching Koji four times a week and see what you get.

Will three do? He's about to record his third save in three days.

I think there was some concern when no one was sure he could remain healthy, but he's currently proving a lot of people wrong.

I love rooting for Koji, but now I have to watch him pitch for the Soxs. :mad:

3 straight nights. 3 saves. Batters are 0-9 with like 7 strikeouts or something. Guy is still an elite reliever.

They pitched Koji three days in a row? Is Farrell insane? Doesn't he read OH? It's amazing Koji's arm didn't fall off! ;)

Devastating loss for the Red Sox tonight. Up 7-3 going into the 9th and they blew it. Lost 9-7 in 11 innings. :rofl:

Koji technically got the blown save. Though it was another reliever who loaded the bases. Then Brandon Snyder who made a horrific throwing error on a routine ground out that should have ended the game. :mwahaha:

Devastating loss for the Red Sox tonight. Up 7-3 going into the 9th and they blew it. Lost 9-7 in 11 innings. :rofl:

Koji technically got the blown save. Though it was another reliever who loaded the bases. Then Brandon Snyder who made a horrific throwing error on a routine ground out that should have ended the game. :mwahaha:

Former Orioles....the gifts that keep on giving! I stopped watching that game in disgust and just realized that the Sox ended up loosing just before AJ hit the two run dinger off of Rivera. Ain't the beer cold!

Archived