What's up with JOBat taunting us?

jimbones

Because throwing inside is what the OP was calling for.:rolleyes: Who exactly did I accuse of assault?

If you purposely hit someone with a baseball it is assault. Doesn't matter if it was done on the baseball field or not.

Which is why you see dozens of pitchers brought up on charges every year. :rolleyes:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't even imagine how you root for that guy. He has ZERO class and there is more than a sniff of suspicion about what led to his turnaround years ago. Do you know his reputation in the game? My advice is to research it a bit and then tell me if he is still one of your favorites. This is not a guy to admire IMHO.

So I searched, and found THIS. Makes me even more angry that he got the benefit on quite a few close calls at the plate.

Honestly, if these refs aren't being paid off, hopefuly they will go watch game tape and realized they missed a few- and certainly not give Bautista the benefit of the doubt tomorrow. If there is such a thing, I'd have to imagine the refs would be favoring us tomorrow after the show boating...

If we plunk him- it may give the Jays additional momentum. Let them get high on themselves and start believing they are world champs again- and don't give them a reason to re focus their energy on competing with a humble approach.

I wonder could make him have these mood swings like this?
I remember when he could barely get a ball to the outfield wall.
Nope, nothing....including his apparent anger issues.
He went from a 10-15 hr in any given year hitter to 54 and then 43 in the next two years.

Nothing suspicious about that at all.

O'Day looked like he was playing hopscotch, hopping off the mound after striking out Bautista last night. And hen he said something to him along the lines of have a set (in the dugout).

From the Sun:

Bautista traded angry words with O'Day after striking out to end the seventh inning Friday, stranding a runner at second base.

On Saturday, the Blue Jays slugger renewed the argument, yelling at O'Day while rounding the bases after his pivotal home run.

"I told him just to keep talking like he was yesterday because he kind of ran his mouth a little bit after he struck me out," Bautista said. "I don't know where that came from but I didn't appreciate it. I let him know that yesterday and that's a little reminder today."

O'Day declined to talk about his spat with Bautista, while Orioles manager Buck Showalter chalked it up to a clash of competitive personalities.

"Darren is a competitor, he likes to compete in those situations," Showalter said. "Sometimes he wins, sometimes Bautista wins. You've got two great, talented athletes competing out there and they both take it personally."

He and Melky are a match made in heaven. Lind has found the magic fountain this year as well.

Honestly, if these refs aren't being paid off, hopefuly they will go watch game tape and realized they missed a few- and certainly not give Bautista the benefit of the doubt tomorrow. If there is such a thing, I'd have to imagine the refs would be favoring us tomorrow after the show boating...

If we plunk him- it may give the Jays additional momentum. Let them get high on themselves and start believing they are world champs again- and don't give them a reason to re focus their energy on competing with a humble approach.

When were they world champs? When Joe Carter was still alive?

Because throwing inside is what the OP was calling for.:rolleyes: Who exactly did I accuse of assault?

If you purposely hit someone with a baseball it is assault. Doesn't matter if it was done on the baseball field or not.

No it isn't. Hitting Bautista in the leg is not. Hitting him in the head would be.

Do you watch football? Tackling the QB hard must be an assault in your opinion.

Just how the game is played. If you could have watched Bob Gibson pitch you

Would be saying he assaulted that hitter. No one wants to hit him in the head.

The side of the leg would be okay. It would sting but would not hurt him. IMO

Well, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I hate these guys as much as Boston and New York. Arrogant punks. Can't wait till they get to B'More.

No sh#t! This series has sucked in a big way. I swear they have gotten just about every break a team can get. Their luck will run out, but maybe not until this umpiring crew moves on. Too bad for us, I guess.

Archived