vs. Blue Jays 6/23

weams

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really starting to get on board with the swap Davis and Jones in the lineup theory. Who cares about late game lefty / righty match ups when having Davis at cleanup could let us take advantage of early game opportunities like this more often.

Jones needs to be more selective and our catcher? Well, he isn't the best hitter in the world. Let's leave it at that. Hardy should be batting behind Davis.

Jones batting ahead of Davis has been ridiculous most of the year. Davis leads off the second inning too often. Davis should be behind Manny. Davis 5th should change.

Also, inform him that if was indeed a scientific law, you don't really have a choice as to believing in it or not. I guess it's a moot point, considering how often he invokes the "law of averages."

I seriously can't believe how many times he says that he's a firm believer in it. It's like the person that says, "I'm a firm believer in the existence of unicorns."

Jones just had the stupidest AB on earth. Where he needs to be looking for a pitch to drive, he's flailing at pitches way out of the strike zone, and striking himself out.

Then Wieters gets ahead 2-0, and won't let the pitcher walk him. He swings at ball three on 2-1, and pops out. Terrible.

Woke up early today in a great mood. Got some editing done. All that. Gone. Sick to my stomach and just in a sour mood after that first inning right now.

Why Adam Jones? Why? I just don't get why it's a lesson you can't learn. Patience. KNow the circumstance. Davis is crazy hot. He is on deck. MAKE THEM THROW YOU STRIKES!! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY.

What gnaws at me to is, obviously- luck is still on Toronto's side with that ridiculous bounce. If Mclouth scores and it's Markakis is on 3rd- I feel that that slightly less itch of pressure on JOnes at the plate- and the pressure that we're already on the board to Josh Johnson- allows Jones to get a ball he can drive- allowing Kakes to tag... Ugh.. just what a miserable first inning.

Archived