Jose Bautista is about to pass Markakis (Update: Bautista passed Markakis)

McLovin

I think Bautista is a better player over Markakis, but him being a clown precludes me from wanting to vote for him. I would take Jones Trout, and Ellsbury over Bautista, for sure.

Not voting for Markakis is one thing, but I prefer voting for non-clowns, even if they are good baseball players.

I apply the "good character" clause that is part of hall-of-fame voting.

This is garbage. Ask yourself this: if an Orioles player did what Bautista did, would you think him a clown? Really? If one of our guys homered off of an ace bullpen reliever who had struck him out in a key situation the game before, to win a game and bring the team's winning streak to 10 games, you would come on the OH and blast him for being immature if he did what Bautista did? Bull****. You would LOVE it. As with everything in sports, it's all about the laundry.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is garbage. Ask yourself this: if an Orioles player did what Bautista did, would you think him a clown? Really? If one of our guys homered off of an ace bullpen reliever who had struck him out in a key situation the game before, to win a game and bring the team's winning streak to 10 games, you would come on the OH and blast him for being immature? Bull****. You would LOVE it. As with everything in sports, it's all about the laundry.

Can't speak for Hallas or anyone else, but yes, I absolutely would think one of our guys was a clown if he did that. It was bush league no matter who did it.

I hope Markakis' 8th home run tonight landed straight on your buzzkill outlook.

Nick Markakis is and has been my favorite Orioles player for years. That doesn't mean there aren't better outfielders than him. There are quite a few and they are all more deserving of starting the All-Star game in 2013.

It's interesting to think about, I can't remember any "***clown" on any team I follow, even in other sports. Maybe someone can help me think of any in recent years? Adam Jones has a cocky attitude but not really like Jose Bautista. Not to get too off topic here but there are certainly some personalities on the Ravens but I don't think any are similar to Jose Bautista either. Suggs constantly calls out the Patriots but I generally agree with what he says. Football is kind of different anyway.

It's interesting to think about, I can't remember any "***clown" on any team I follow, even in other sports. Maybe someone can help me think of any in recent years? Adam Jones has a cocky attitude but not really like Jose Bautista. Not to get too off topic here but there are certainly some personalities on the Ravens but I don't think any are similar to Jose Bautista either. Suggs constantly calls out the Patriots but I generally agree with what he says. Football is kind of different anyway.

I remember one John Gilchrist back when I used to follow Maryland basketball more closely.

This is garbage. Ask yourself this: if an Orioles player did what Bautista did, would you think him a clown? Really? If one of our guys homered off of an ace bullpen reliever who had struck him out in a key situation the game before, to win a game and bring the team's winning streak to 10 games, you would come on the OH and blast him for being immature if he did what Bautista did? Bull****. You would LOVE it. As with everything in sports, it's all about the laundry.

A Blue Jays fan already came on this board and posted that most of them recognize Bautista is immature.

There's no need to dance around the language filter. If you need profanity to emphasize your argument, it might not be very strong in the first place.

Lol, this whole thread is a lot of people getting mad because people vote for players they are fans of. How dare you not use WAR in a fan vote, how dare you, sirs!

I also truly believe that the 2 million votes Markakis gets are coming from the OH. You people need to get a life and not vote 2 million times. If it weren't for the OH, Markakis would have 847 votes.

I remember one John Gilchrist back when I used to follow Maryland basketball more closely.

Great example.

Terrell Stoglin is another from the Terps. Always hated his body language and just in general didn't like him. Still rooted for him because he was a Terp. To act like people always love players just because they're on their team is silly.

I'm kind of a purist about allstar games where I think it shouldn't be about "supporting your guys" as much as voting for who deserves it, but if the Orioles and MLB are gonna give me deals for voting 30 times for all Orioles, then I'll do it, cause they're making the "honor" of being an all star a joke by doing it.

A Blue Jays fan already came on this board and posted that most of them recognize Bautista is immature.

There's no need to dance around the language filter. If you need profanity to emphasize your argument, it might not be very strong in the first place.

I believe very strongly in using "profanity." As far as I'm concerned the entire English language is open to me when I am trying to express myself. But thank you for your concern.

I'm kind of a purist about allstar games where I think it shouldn't be about "supporting your guys" as much as voting for who deserves it, but if the Orioles and MLB are gonna give me deals for voting 30 times for all Orioles, then I'll do it, cause they're making the "honor" of being an all star a joke by doing it.

But then at the end of a player's career the baseball community will still cite number of All-Star appearances as a testament to how good a player was. The whole thing is silly for sure. I just think that if it's supposed to be meaningful at all I should try to keep my selections legitimate and I don't think that is wrong or worthy of the neg rep I'm getting for suggesting it.

But then at the end of a player's career the baseball community will still cite number of All-Star appearances as a testament to how good a player was. The whole thing is silly for sure. I just think that if it's supposed to be meaningful at all I should try to keep my selections legitimate and I don't think that is wrong or worthy of the neg rep I'm getting for suggesting it.

Do you think Cal Ripken Jr. should have been on the All Star team in 2001? Do you think the game was better off because he was in it?

Lol, this whole thread is a lot of people getting mad because people vote for players they are fans of. How dare you not use WAR in a fan vote, how dare you, sirs!

I also truly believe that the 2 million votes Markakis gets are coming from the OH. You people need to get a life and not vote 2 million times. If it weren't for the OH, Markakis would have 847 votes.

Actually this thread is people getting mad at other people who vote for non-Orioles players. Count the number of posts bashing the "deserving" voters and count the number of posts going against the "orange" voters.

Apparently reading and comprehension aren't your strong suit.

Archived