Gausman Up, Garcia Not Listed On Board

Can_of_corn

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like they just need some length in the 'pen after yesterday, right? Would Arrieta have been a viable option instead?

I think Arrieta could only be called back up (before 10 days) if there was an injury.

McFarland pitched a bunch of innings yesterday in long relief and will not be available today. With that said, Hunter could have handled the long relief role if needed. I do not mind calling Gausman up from the pen because the Orioles are losing too many games because of the pen. Maybe Gausman is only up until Chen comes back. he can handle long relief and spot start as needed. also have more faith in him to get 3 outs if he is holding nothing back.

Extremely confusing. Isn't there another pitcher on the 40-man that could have received the call up at this point?

Arrieta can't be recalled for three more days, granted most people would be outraged if he gets called up again.

Buck doesn't like Belfiore. Wada isn't ready.

I hope Gausman works out of the bullpen and is not inserted back into the rotation.

Maybe pray for a rain out this week?

They did that with Bundy last year (obviously in a limited capacity.)

I dunno... I just wanted Garcia gone. He just doesn't have the stuff.

Bundy was used out of sheer desperation for needing another bullpen arm in mid September and Bundy basically being the only pitcher left on the 40 man that wasnt on the active roster.

Duquette also knows Orioles history and how Palmer, Flanagan, McGregor and others began in the bullpen.

I think this has no bearing whatsoever. Dan Duquette is not sitting around trying to think of how things were done 35 years ago. I'm sure he has a good reason for bringing up Gausman and I'm not doubting him, but it would be a significant change in the course of development for a team to take a top prospect with less than a year of professional time and convert him to relief at the big league level, especially with there being an opening in the rotation.

I think this will be fascinating to see how this plays out because Duquette has shown to be very good at using his 40-man roster.

Arrieta can't be recalled for three more days, granted most people would be outraged if he gets called up again.

Buck doesn't like Belfiore. Wada isn't ready.

I hope Gausman works out of the bullpen and is not inserted back into the rotation.

Maybe pray for a rain out this week?

Well, his results during his last start might indicate that he's getting a lot closer. I would not be surprised if Wada is not taking Garcia's spot and Gausman is here in case the Orioles need a long reliever tonight since the bullpen is pretty used and tired.

Archived