Bundy had a setback

WalkingDead

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 33s

Dylan Bundy had a setback today while throwing from 120 feet. More discomfort right forearm/elbow. Will see Dr. Wilckens tomorrow or Wed.

Another blow wow.

Wow-this is terrible. Just terrible.

TINSTAAPP - Between Gausman's struggles and Bundy's injured arm, I'm not sure we could have had a worse year when it came to our top pitching prospects. It just seems that the Orioles just can't catch a break with pitchers. It almost like this organization is snake bit since Mike Mu$$ina.

In fact, until we draft and develop a TOR, I'm calling this the Curse of Mu$$ina.

I wonder if compiling all the threads about the Orioles' top prospects over the years, followed by the threads recounting their struggles/injuries/disappointments would do anything to swing people over to the side of trading prospects while they're actually still prospects.

Nah...I'm sure we can still package Arrieta with Hoes & co. to land a TOR.

Man, we have some hard luck drafting and nurturing young pitchers.

You know, in the alternative energy space, almost all of the R&D is done via small companies dependent upon investor capital. The big guys - BP, Exxon, Shell, etc., wait on the outside until a technology has proven itself at commercial scale. Then they generally jump in and purchase the company or companies with the new technology (provided they can make some money with it). This isn't unusual. These large companies could certainly fund their own R&D and hire their share of brilliant folks. But there's no guarantee on risk or any assurance that these technologies will ever be profitable on a large scale, so they tend to stay out of the early stage arena and let rich pie-eyed dreamers fund and develop these technologies.

Perhaps the O's should take a cue... This whole buy the bats, grow the arms thing might be somewhat backwards...

I wonder if compiling all the threads about the Orioles' top prospects over the years, followed by the threads recounting their struggles/injuries/disappointments would do anything to swing people over to the side of trading prospects while they're actually still prospects.

Nah...I'm sure we can still package Arrieta with Hoes & co. to land a TOR.

Yes I laugh at all of the posters who derided me for wanting to trade Bundy and or Gausman for ML talent. The O's have not developed a HS pitcher in 30 years... and yet again this year they wasted a first round pick on a HS pitcher.

They should trade him tomorrow.

Bundy should have gone to Texas, signing with the Orioles was agreeing to end his career.

Archived