Marlins Trying to Trade Nolasco ASAP

luismatos4prez

I don't think someone like Nolasko solves any problems for the Orioles and he likely would cost them a good prospect or three. If they really believed they needed a veteran innings-eater type pitcher they could easily have resigned Joe Saunders relatively cheap.

Personally, I think the solution for a solid #5 starter could already be in the organization - Jair Jurrjens. The Orioles should give him another shot.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All you need to know is he's an average pitcher owed 6 million or so the rest of the way.

And that is exactly what Saunders was and cost for an entire year, who we let walk out the door instead of paying him.

We have budget constraints remember, Nolasco is probably too rich for the Greek's blood. Like most players worth anything.

I'm perfectly content with giving Nolasco a bundle of Tobacco cash so long its just for this year and we don't part with more then Hoes/Avery type player.

As a salary dump, he could be a very useful pitcher.

But the rock this rotation could use, Nolasco is not.

Most likely some other desperate team will pony up way to much for him. But maybe teams will want to hold there chips for a bigger prize next month, and the Marlins will dump his salary for less.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Marlins have told other teams they have clubs willing to take on all of Nolasco's salary -- prorated portion of $11.5 million salary.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">June 26, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well count the Orioles out then.

I'm perfectly content with giving Nolasco a bundle of Tobacco cash so long its just for this year and we don't part with more then Hoes/Avery type player.

Most likely some other desperate team will pony up way to much for him. But maybe teams will want to hold there chips for a bigger prize next month, and the Marlins will dump his salary for less.

I agree with this. Nolasco will not be a very big upgrade over Arrieta/Britton, not worth giving up much for him at that salary. More will be available nearer the deadline if need be, I believe.

You're right, he's not a top of the rotation starter. He's just an improvement on Britton/Gausman/Wada/Jurrjens. For a team in the playoff hunt, that's extremely valuable, and the O's should be willing to pony up 6 million and a couple of decent prospects for him. Not Schoop or Delmonico (although I'd give up Delmonico if it meant getting a better pitcher who was signed beyond this season), but I'd give up a couple of players of the quality of (say) Christian Walker, Mike Wright, or LJ Hoes .

Archived