Per Roch: Roberts to rejoin Orioles this weekend

srock

I would have to assume the Orioles has an insurance policy on the contract to cover long term disability, as they did with Albert Belle.

It only covers years where he does not play at all because of injury. So The Orioles paid the whole deal. Three games is three games. That's why the Yankees don't want Arod back. WBC was on the hook for Teixeira but the Yankees foolishly tried to have him play with a torn tendon sheath.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would have to assume the Orioles has an insurance policy on the contract to cover long term disability, as they did with Albert Belle.

Except of course that after what happened with Albert Belle insurance companies charge more to insure players and you are unlikely to be able to get full coverage.

Of course since Roberts has played at least one game each season the Orioles have not received any insurance money.

It only covers years where he does not play at all because of injury. So The Orioles paid the whole deal. Three games is three games. That's why the Yankees don't want Arod back. WBC was on the hook for Teixeira but the Yankees foolishly tried to have him play with a torn tendon sheath.

Nod...Ok, got it, thanks.

I'm not sure if they do, but that really wasn't the point of my post.

The fact is that Roberts followed up the contract extension that he signed in February of 2009 with a career year, and at that point, there wasn't a peep of complaint about said extension. It was only after he sustained numerous injuries between 2010 and 2013 that critics have come out of the woodwork and made accusations of him "stealing" money from the Orioles, and/or that the extension itself was a bad move by MacPhail and Angelos.

I'm not sure if they do, but that really wasn't the point of my post.

The fact is that Roberts followed up the contract extension that he signed in February of 2009 with a career year, and at that point, there wasn't a peep of complaint about said extension. It was only after he sustained numerous injuries between 2010 and 2013 that critics have come out of the woodwork and made accusations of him "stealing" money from the Orioles, and/or that the extension itself was a bad move by MacPhail and Angelos.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

If he had stayed healthy and productive, nobody would be grumbling, well, at least not about BRob. :)

I love the Orioles and I want them to succeed but I cannot root for Brian Roberts. He signed a $40 million contract then missed a ton of time for hitting himself in the head with a bat. In my opinion, his body is breaking down after years of steroid use. After stealing $40 million from the Orioles the least he can do is come back and help them win.
This is a Gumby Brothers post bro.

Archived