O's Acquire Scott Feldman for Arrieta

AJismyhero

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, Dan. Alright trade. Feldman gives us some much needed SP depth at least. Gonzalez/Tillman/Hammel/Feldman/Gausman looks like a decent rotation for the time being.

Arrieta and Strop should benefit from a change of scenery and weaker competition in the NL Central. I wish them both luck.

Buck loves the guy and always has. As I said in the other thread,he say him in spring training when Buck was in Texas and

liked his poise on the mound. He was only in AA and had him called up. The Orioles almost signed him over the winter. I can still see the Orioles going after someone like Norris. We shall see.Arrietta was never a Buck favorite.

I'm just happy that apparently Buck and Duquette are willing to make decent-sized moves when they recognize a need and an opportunity. I was afraid that we'd do nothing to preserve unit cohesion or whatever.

Seems like a pretty dull trade and I think Arrieta could make us real sad real soon but Feldman provides a little stability.

Feldman will take the 25 man roster spot of Strop.

I guess Britton and Gausman will both be sent to Norfolk for Chen and a bullpen arm. Rauch would require a 40 man roster spot.

Right. Arrieta's 40 man spot. I'd keep Gausman and Britton as starters. Maybe it opens a spot for Wada in the pen.

Archived