O's Acquire Scott Feldman for Arrieta

AJismyhero

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a fan of this trade. That seems like a lot for Scott Feldman.

Strop was not going to be used, besides in blowout situations. Arietta had his chance, he isn't what we all wanted him to be. He had more than enough chances with us...Time to move on.

fwiw Feldman

91 IP/ 79 H/25 BBs/ appears to have a GB/FB ration of about 3-1. given up 10HR. Definitely some decent stats and the O's defense will prevent some of those hits. Very solid trade lets hope he translates to the AL (again)

Not sure how I feel about this yet.

Feldman has a career 4.66 ERA, and not a great track record in the American League. Looking at his game log for this year, I just can't shake the feeling that his better looking numbers are mostly a result of pitching in the National League against weaker offenses.

But I certainly hope I'm wrong. And of course I expect him to be able to outperform anything Arrieta could give us this year. But I wonder if we should've tried to get a better bullpen arm or something instead......or even offered more in the pot to try and get Garza. :confused:

I think so, too, but I just don't see Arrieta and Strop being productive here. Seems odd that we would be throwing international cash at them as well.

I agree with you about Arrieta, change may be his best shot at this point. I would still not be surprised if he turns into something. It seems premature to give up on Strop. My guess is that if he had options he wouldn't have been traded, but you can't carry him as mop up and you would lose him if he was DFA.. But then to throw money in too. .Yeah, weird. Not earth shatteringly stupid but seems like a lot.

Archived