Scott Feldman Today, 2013

OFFNY

Uhhh bro lol, generally journeyman do not spend 8 years with the same team which is what Feldman did prior to signing his deal with the Cubs.

Which brings us to point 2......generally journeyman do get paid 7 million a year.

Being traded by a last place team does not make you a journeyman. It makes you a tradeable asset which kinda different than a journeyman

So before you lecture us all on what a journeyman is....do your research.

Generally journeyman does NOT make 7 million per year ...what i meant to say.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a fan of Feldman's career k/9, bb/9 and hr/9. His numbers aren't very good.

Well if he were a better pitcher we would have had to give up much more than 2 reclamation projects which until either Strop or Arrieta prove otherwise is exactly what they are.

Not saying Feldman is a great pitcher but statistically he is an above average #5 starter. Hell of a lot better than Sweaty Freddy IMO.

I'm not a fan of Feldman's career k/9, bb/9 and hr/9. His numbers aren't very good.

Yeah, this is how I feel. He's nothing special as a starter. Is he better than what we had? Sure. Is he a difference maker? Probably not. We're currently a team without a good rotation or bullpen, and our big move to date was to add a bottom of the rotation arm. That's not going to fix it.

People are being way too critical of *one* start Feldman had. He did very well against the Rangers earlier this year. A lot of the hits were just dunks that landed due to poor defense. I remember at least *3* balls hit that Jones and Markakis got poor reads on that should have been caught.

Hopefully the Orioles put Feldman in the pen as a long man when Chen returns. How long it takes them to realize that Feldman is not one of their 5 best options for the rotation will be interesting/excruciating to follow.

Which brings up the point.... why did we even trade for this guy??...Arrieta could have been fine coming out of the pen and Strop could have been DFA'd and if someone claimed him then oh well.

Is Feldman really a better option than say.. Britton or Gausman?.. IMO I don't think so.

People are being way too critical of *one* start Feldman had. He did very well against the Rangers earlier this year. A lot of the hits were just dunks that landed due to poor defense. I remember at least *3* balls hit that Jones and Markakis got poor reads on that should have been caught.

It's not 1 start - I'm being critical of Feldman's entire career of mediocrity - 4.70 career ERA, 1.39 career WHIP, 5.5 K/9 - that's the basis of my concern with Feldman.

Well the same people anointed the rotation as saved when Garcia had his impressive debut.

Which brings up the point.... why did we even trade for this guy??...Arrieta could have been fine coming out of the pen and Strop could have been DFA'd and if someone claimed him then oh well.

Is Feldman really a better option than say.. Britton or Gausman?.. IMO I don't think so.

That is a pretty big if. His times out of the bullpen with Norfolk this year and Baltimore last year did not suggest success out of the bullpen. Most people are reaching back to his debut season and AFL stint to say how he could be a weapon out of the bullpen.

Archived