Do you like the Feldman trade?

Tony-OH

How do you feel about the Feldman trade?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Feldman trade?

• I love it: The Oriole are going to the World Series now
    • I like it: The Orioles are a better team
    • I don't like it: The team is not improved
    • I hate it: We are worse off then before the trade.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poll? I think the options should be:

1. We gave up too much

2. Seems fair but I don't like it.

3. Seems pretty fair, I like it

4. It's a steal. Theo's nuts.

I vote for opinion 3

For some reason vbulletin posts poll threads before the poll is done.

Poll? I think the options should be:

1. We gave up too much

2. Seems fair but I don't like it.

3. Seems pretty fair, I like it

4. It's a steal. Theo's nuts.

I vote for opinion 3

I'm a "3" too. It's nice to be trading to "Win Now" and not be trading away spare parts at the deadline.

I like it. Feldman should be better and more consistent than Britton or Gausman. If he's not, you move him to the BP and call one of them up. Plus...we gave up two guys that probably weren't going to succeed here anyways. Seems like a smart deal.

The Orioles traded Jake Arrieta, Pedro Strop and two international signing slots to the Cubs for starter Scott Feldman? How do you feel about the trade?

I don't see how anyone could think we are either WS bound or worse off with this trade. The middle two options are viable though.

Not world beating, but a solid trade.

We jettison a reliever who was holding back bullets for Buck because of his potential as well as an starting pitcher who has gotten worse every year in the big leagues. We gain a starting pitcher for half a season who was pitching very well for a bad team. He can shore up the back of the rotation which in turn will make our bullpen a bit better.

Don't love it, but certainly like it. Love that we didn't have to trade Britton, Matusz, Gausman, Bundy, ERod, etc.

Not world beating, but a solid trade.

We jettison a reliever who was holding back bullets for Buck because of his potential as well as an starting pitcher who has gotten worse every year in the big leagues. We gain a starting pitcher for half a season who was pitching very well for a bad team. He can shore up the back of the rotation which in turn will make our bullpen a bit better.

Don't love it, but certainly like it. Love that we didn't have to trade Britton, Matusz, Gausman, Bundy, ERod, etc.

That point, I will agree with you, we didnt give up anything worth giving up.

I think my answer is closest to 2, it's not a bad trade. If it was just Arrieta and Strop I think I'd be a little more excited. Not a big fan of tossing in international slots as sweetener.

But... Feldman should be an ok back-end guy, should help shore up the rotation a bit. $4M for a little over half a year. I'm fine with it.

The guy once gave up 181 hits in 141 innings, he throws 88-89 MPH, he's been incredibly lucky this year, and the team we traded with had a much better trade option that we refused because we're too cheap.

I'm ecstatic, clearly.

What makes you say he's been incredibly lucky this year? I'm no sabermetric expert but he's a ground ball pitcher with a pretty consistently good FIP over the last three years and should benefit from our defense. I'm not ecstatic about the trade but we are a better team today than we were yesterday.

I might have liked to wait a bit longer and give up slightly more to get Garza or Gallardo or Nolasco, but perhaps the demands for those starters was too high.

This trade will improve the team. Feldman isn't great but he's a big upgrade over the disaster team of 5th starters we've sent out so far, so he'll give our rotation a nice boost. He's a pretty heavy groundball pitcher and we have maybe the best infield defense around so that might help keep his ERA down in the healthy 3s where it is now.

Archived