Why is our number 1 prospect being used for 1 inning out of the pen?

Norfolk orioles

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In borderline mop up duty?

How does that make any sense?

Send him down, let him start every fifth day and bring up ascensio or Rauch for relief duty.

But don't get him "unstretched out", if you will.

He needs to be starting, wherever that is.

You couldn't leave this in the game thread?

Gausman is likely to be sent down tomorrow with the activation of Feldman, so why not let him finish this game and not involve the rest of the bullpen?

You couldn't leave this in the game thread?

Gausman is likely to be sent down tomorrow with the activation of Feldman, so why not let him finish this game and not involve the rest of the bullpen?

I think he is here temporarily in this role. He might here until the break though ,I would think Valencia goes down tomorrow. Not going to have a 5 man bench.

I think he is here temporarily in this role. He might here until the break though ,I would think Valencia goes down tomorrow. Not going to have a 5 man bench.

True. Aren't we facing a bunch of lefties though?

Gausman pitching out of the bullpen until the ASB will limit his innings so we can utilize him all season.

True. Aren't we facing a bunch of lefties though?

Gausman pitching out of the bullpen until the ASB will limit his innings so we can utilize him all season.

We are facing some lefties but he has options left and has cooled off, unless they send Flaherty down and bring him back after the break.

The last point you made is key. I think they want him to be there late in the year.

And remember Dylan Bundy last year?

Eh not the best comparison. Bundy was called up because he was the only pitcher left on the 40 man roster who hadn't been called up and there were major roster issues. And it was right after a long extra inning game.

It would be nice to have the option to start him if we needed in September or be used out of the pen. Hunter gave the pen a big boost in September last year. I am confident the Orioles will handle this situation well. It is easier to manage his innings in the minors. Hopefully Steve Johnson gets healthy soon, I think he would be perfect to replace Strop. That way we could send Gausman down and have him ready for whatever role we needed him for later in the year.

Archived