Roch contradicts OH report

fearthenoodle

They're a bunch of haters over there. They think you shouldn't be made to pay for superior baseball (and sports) discussions.

This surprises me to see this from you. Are there some knuckleheads there? Sure. But I'd hardly say that this forum is superior to that one. There's excellent posters on both, and some real knuckleheads on both.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares what's happening on the Sun boards? Sure, once you filter through the five 'OH wrong again' threads, the trolls, the posts that report information found on the OH, and the posters who washed out here - sure, I imagine there is some good discussion.

As the Tech Guy, it's interesting to me that the Sun board is one of our top referrers - meaning it's a site that people leave to come to our site. So thanks for the traffic, Sun guys. You're all welcome here, and we're all just passionate fans.

The thing that is just so weird to me is the almost daily multiple posts bashing the OH. Yeah, we're doing it here a little, but usually it never happens on our board. If fact, if someone posted a 'Sun Boards Suck' thread in our Orioles forum, a moderator would at the very least move it to the 'Rants' section to die a slow, mostly unread, death.

I just don't get the one-sided hating. We're a freaking message board, they're a freaking message board. There are so many more important things to obsess/rant about...

It's not like people from either site can't become members of either site, this is silly.

My only concern with forums in general is that they aren't monitored well enough by admins. I used to post over in the ESPN Orioles forum and it was the most frustrating thing to deal with for various reasons. Can't speak to the Suns forums as I've never posted there.

Things like keeping it clean, using proper English and respecting others are just a few things that more often than not OH enforces. Spamming and advertising are other things I like to avoid. It's also your right to do those things but I personally would rather stay away and really consider that a substandard environment.

Not to mention all of the O's system wide information that the OH has, it's my one stop shop really.

I've never been on the Sun boards but I can say I came from the ESPN boards originally and there is no comparison. Not just in the information and insight available here on the Hangout but the analysis and breakdown of players that I find here is great. We have posters who have coached at a high level or played at a high level that bring a wealth of knowledge that is refreshing compared to other sites.

The one major thing that stands out to me though that is better here is the overall tone. Yes, we get into it with each other and like family have our fights and little snits but trust me, I have not seen the nasty, personal attacks here that were on the ESPN boards. An analogy is we get loud arguments and pushing and shoving, they get bar fights. I am staying here thank you.

Who cares what's happening on the Sun boards? Sure, once you filter through the five 'OH wrong again' threads, the trolls, the posts that report information found on the OH, and the posters who washed out here - sure, I imagine there is some good discussion.

As the Tech Guy, it's interesting to me that the Sun board is one of our top referrers - meaning it's a site that people leave to come to our site. So thanks for the traffic, Sun guys. You're all welcome here, and we're all just passionate fans.

The thing that is just so weird to me is the almost daily multiple posts bashing the OH. Yeah, we're doing it here a little, but usually it never happens on our board. If fact, if someone posted a 'Sun Boards Suck' thread in our Orioles forum, a moderator would at the very least move it to the 'Rants' section to die a slow, mostly unread, death.

I just don't get the one-sided hating. We're a freaking message board, they're a freaking message board. There are so many more important things to obsess/rant about...

I don't have a problem with OH as a whole, and most Sun posters don't either. A lot of us don't care for the "insider" stuff, and that's fine, it's not everyone's cup of tea, including many regulars here. I think there are a lot of great posters here, as well as there. I don't think either board is "superior" to the other, they're just different. Some will prefer one, some will prefer the other.

As for today's events, I defended Tony, as being a member of the press with a credential, his report carries a lot more weight than what one of the insider's report, at least IMO. Not everyone feels that way. If Tony is eventually proven right, he'll have a nice scoop to crow about, and that's a great thing for him and OH. Unfortunately, if it turns out that he's wrong, he's going to have egg on his face, but I'm sure the OH and Tony will be fine going forward. He might be a little more hesitant to go out on a limb next time, but that's part of being a news site, which is what OH is, IMO.

I will say one thing, I think the non message board content on OH is better than the stuff on the Orioles own website, and that goes to show what a good job Tony and the staff does with the site.

I've said my piece, and since debating the nuances of the differences in message boards isn't the most captivating thing to do (at least for me), I'm going to check on what's going on with the Ravens coaching search.:)

I don't have a problem with OH as a whole, and most Sun posters don't either. A lot of us don't care for the "insider" stuff, and that's fine, it's not everyone's cup of tea, including many regulars here.

There's a really simple solution for this that I'll be more than glad to share with you because honestly it's these types of posters that ruin it for everyone else by calling out the insiders.

Either you can put the insiders on ignore or just don't read the insider information!! Simple enough?

Oh, I don't know about that. I just started coming over here and started checking in over there several months ago. I've found a lot of intelligent posters.

I don't understand why posters on either site waste time degrading the other, to be honest. You'd think if they had such a poor opinion of each other, they wouldn't visit each other's sites...

Agreed, I never understood that stuff either. You can gain alot of information utilizing both boards.

TM

This might not be a great time to make that comparison; how many threads are there about this imminent trade running here at the moment?

Most of the people over there who start the bashing are former members here who had a run-in with Tony, got themselves banned, and don't want to admit they were wrong. Others didn't/don't feel the need to pay for this site, and instead of letting things go bash. And still more just jump in.

Of course, like Sexy Hamburger says, and Tony has said in the past, every time they do that all they do is bring more people to us.

Plus, it's fun to go rile them up and use their own lack-of rules against them :P

There's a really simple solution for this that I'll be more than glad to share with you because honestly it's these types of posters that ruin it for everyone else by calling out the insiders.

Either you can put the insiders on ignore or just don't read the insider information!! Simple enough?

Agreed. I've seen insiders get called out on several sports boards that I am a member of. It usually is steeped in some sort of envy.

If people on SunSpot don't like what insiders provide, why read it in the first place?

TM

No need to shout. esmd made some nice points, and I agree on almost all counts.

No need to shout. esmd made some nice points, and I agree on almost all counts.

Now Cary (can I call you Cary, woops, too late), that's not shouting. That's embellishing.

THIS IS SHOUTING! ALRIGHT, I'M SHOUTING, I'M SHOUTING, I'M SHOUTIN *bonked with a candlestick*

If people on SunSpot don't like what insiders provide, why read it in the first place?

That goes for everyone, OH members included. It has nothing to do with the board you are from. We have plenty of the 'insider' haters of our own.

Guys, enough comparing one board to the other. In the least take it somewhere else, though I'd prefer it even more if the discussion were held on another site's board all together. But this thread and forum isn't the proper place for it.

Archived