Roch contradicts OH report

fearthenoodle

Guys, enough comparing one board to the other. In the least take it somewhere else, though I'd prefer it even more if the discussion were held on another site's board all together. But this thread and forum isn't the proper place for it.

Aw, I was about to compare these boards to SomethingAwful.com.

No real reason to, to be honest. Just wanted in on the action.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a really simple solution for this that I'll be more than glad to share with you because honestly it's these types of posters that ruin it for everyone else by calling out the insiders.

Either you can put the insiders on ignore or just don't read the insider information!! Simple enough?

I agree with your basic point, and personally I don't see how insider-bashing makes any sense of any kind. But the idea that you can put insiders on ignore (which I would not want to do) doesn't really help at all, simply because whatever they say turns into a big deal with multiple threads and a zillion posts. And there's nothing wrong with that either, it's just that it's kinda hard to stay away from, that's all.

I agree with your basic point, and personally I don't see how insider-bashing makes any sense of any kind. But the idea that you can put insiders on ignore (which I would not want to do) doesn't really help at all, simply because whatever they say turns into a big deal with multiple threads and a zillion posts.

Yeah, the ignore function has a fatal flaw in that it doesn't stop other people from quoting and replying to people you have ignored.

And another thing. You can ignore whoever you want to by simply not reading them. I do it an awful lot here some days. No one makes you read every post. No one says you're forced to agree with it or believe all of it. Personally, every time I read something from Scottie Baseball and MChance, I find it to be 110% BS. But that's just me. Again, lets end the discussions about which board is better and who says what and all of that, and get to the topic on hand.

Being an insider is a double edged sword. They have access to information they gladly want to pass on to other posters to have someone to discsuss the information with. The problem with it on a message board is that there is no way to control who "overhears" the content and thus they can easily anger or burn the source.

The other major problem is that a large portion of message board populations dont understand how complicated making a deal really is. Its a landscape filled with pitfalls and traps that can easily destroy a deal. That why the trades fall through and insider information doesnt always pan out. Ive always stressed patience with what inside information i recieve out of respect for my sources and how difficult trades in any professional sport are to consumate.

So, for Peace, amd Belkfast, and all the others(who some how have totally disapeared from my mind), thank you. If you feel that posting your insider information is casuing a problem, you have every right to withold it. I would recomned that if the constant searching out and badgering of the insiders for more inforomation becomes a problem that it might be best to create an alias to post from.

:)

Roch may have contradicted the report but then he said this on his own message board:

"It could mean a lot of things. We could be dealing in semantics here. Maybe the two sides are waiting for MLB approval - a formality here - or maybe the players involved are different from what's being reported. Or maybe none of it's true. Right now, at this hour, I'm just relaying what the Orioles are saying."

Posted by: Roch Kubatko

John: I am assuming you were tongue in cheek with the comment about Scottie Baseball? ;)

Oh of course. Scott is great, even though I'll never figure out how he convinced his wife to marry him. Maybe she just hasn't ever seen him because of the glare off his dome.

And MChance is someone I hung out with from time to time when I lived in Pa. for a little bit. He's a real good guy and the strongest little man ever seen, according to the folks at Guinness.

:)

And another thing. You can ignore whoever you want to by simply not reading them. I do it an awful lot here some days. No one makes you read every post. No one says you're forced to agree with it or believe all of it. Personally, every time I read something from Scottie Baseball and MChance, I find it to be 110% BS. But that's just me. Again, lets end the discussions about which board is better and who says what and all of that, and get to the topic on hand.

Thanks, and here you have the main reason I'm late to the party in figuring out why OH is preferable for me. That and there's a lot more intelligent baseball talk.

Archived