Why even get a lefty up?

LookitsPuck

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have the HR guy at the plate 3-2. You have Keppinger on deck. You could

walk Dunn. You couldve had the lefty up to face Dunn. Neither happened.

GAME OVER.

MAKE SOME SENSE OF IT FOR ME WILL YOU?

Hitters not showing up didnt help.

He is right now. The home run was what worried me there. If they string 3 hits to beat us more power to them. Konerko is on the DL and they aren't a good hitting team and their hottest guy just beat us, that is why I am steamed.

Whatever. He sucks. Hammels threw him a fastball down the middle. He got an infield hit and slapped a single against the shift. It's the pitch not the pitcher. If he had thrown it where he wanted it, it's a K. No way Dunn is looking curveball 3-2.

This is really the first time all year I have been mad at Buck. A lot of the other questionable ones were when the pen was overworked and he had limited options and didn't want to overuse guys, that wasn't the case today.

Whatever. He sucks. Hammels threw him a fastball down the middle. He got an infield hit and slapped a single against the shift. It's the pitch not the pitcher. If he had thrown it where he wanted it, it's a K. No way Dunn is looking curveball 3-2.

Their hottest hitter who already has over 20 HRs beats us with one, with Keppinger who has 2 HR's all year on deck. Outside of Beckham the rest of the bottom of their lineup is brutal.

Instead of blaming Hunter and making this thread. The correct thread should be why our hitters struck out 11 times and couldn't do ANYTHING against Quantana.

I don't think this thread was made to Blame Hunter. It was made to question Buck's decision to leave Hunter in, which is a valid concern IMO.

Instead of blaming Hunter and making this thread. The correct thread should be why our hitters struck out 11 times and couldn't do ANYTHING against Quantana.

You are right we didn't hit the whole series. Was that the biggest reason we lost 2 of 3, yes.

Their hottest hitter who already has over 20 HRs beats us with one, with Keppinger who has 2 HR's all year on deck. Outside of Beckham the rest of the bottom of their lineup is brutal.

Hunter has been our best pitcher most of the year. He's been dominating just about everyone. He just seems to hang curveballs at the wrong time. Can you say Kawasaki?

I don't think this thread was made to Blame Hunter. It was made to question Buck's decision to leave Hunter in, which is a valid concern IMO.

Cause Hunter has been our best pitcher. And Dunn was the only lefty with one out in the inning. Buck rolled the dice Hunter could get him out and he'd have him for the other righties. Hunter just threw a bad curveball. It's on Hunter, not Buck!

That was a cutter, I believe.

What I remember, it had a hump in it and was heading down.

No way Kawasaski pulls an up and in 90+ cutter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2nwsIj6rG1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit, nope I was wrong, it just hung there, no movement at all!

You have the HR guy at the plate 3-2. You have Keppinger on deck. You could

walk Dunn. You couldve had the lefty up to face Dunn. Neither happened.

GAME OVER.

MAKE SOME SENSE OF IT FOR ME WILL YOU?

Dunn vs Hunter (0-5)

Dunn vs Matusz (1-1)

That's the ONLY explanation I could think of I still agree with the way tommy has thrown this year especially with his cutter walk Dunn let them pinch run for him if they want and take your chances against Keppinger (.250) and either Casper Wells (.167) or pinch hitting lefty Danks (.193) still think you end up with a better result than a walk off

Archived