Why even get a lefty up?

LookitsPuck

Instead of blaming Hunter and making this thread. The correct thread should be why our hitters struck out 11 times and couldn't do ANYTHING against Quantana.

Jones has gone AWOL for weeks now. Very frustrating to watch.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunn vs Hunter (0-5)

Dunn vs Matusz (1-1)

That's the ONLY explanation I could think of I still agree with the way tommy has thrown this year especially with his cutter walk Dunn let them pinch run for him if they want and take your chances against Keppinger (.250) and either Casper Wells (.167) or pinch hitting lefty Danks (.193) still think you end up with a better result than a walk off

That is a super small sample size.

That and Buck had Matusz warmed up to face Dunn in the first place.

That is a super small sample size.

That and Buck had Matusz warmed up to face Dunn in the first place.

I understand the small sample size just pointing out that may be the thought and he warmed him for if hunter couldn't get Viciedo out still don't understand it myself

Brian Matusz:

Versus lefties: 141/174/266 - 440 OPS

Versus righties: 321/400/396 - 796 OPS

He's only allowed *1* run in his last 6 outings.

Don't let facts and stats get in the way of people who refuse to admit when Buck screws up. I love Buck as our manager. Saying that, that was poor decision.

Cause Hunter has been our best pitcher. And Dunn was the only lefty with one out in the inning. Buck rolled the dice Hunter could get him out and he'd have him for the other righties. Hunter just threw a bad curveball. It's on Hunter, not Buck!

Against left handed hitters this isn't true.

Cause Hunter has been our best pitcher. And Dunn was the only lefty with one out in the inning. Buck rolled the dice Hunter could get him out and he'd have him for the other righties. Hunter just threw a bad curveball. It's on Hunter, not Buck!

He was the only batter with power that was coming up and he can't hit lefties. You should always neutralize the guy with the power in these kinds of situation.

Maybe it was a slider. Go watch the replace. The pitch was 91 MPH. That's not a curveball.

Where do you see 91?

Nevermind, I see it. When I saw his hand snap like it was a breaking pitch. Didn't look anywhere close to as fast as he throws a cutter. I'll buy slider, if you watch the video it seems like the pitch stops and says hit me to Kawasaski

I don't have a problem with him leaving Hunter in. No way he could know Hunter was going to hang a curveball. It's not like Dunn hit his best pitch out.

Yeah well he could of known that Dunn hits way better against righties and Hunter pitches worse against lefties.

Archived