O's acquire Alex Liddi

Finisher

Per Rotoworld:

"Orioles acquired INF Alex Liddi and International Signing Bonus Slot No. 3 from the Mariners for International Signing Bonus Slot No. 2.

The M's get a little more money to spend on the international market with this deal. Liddi was designated for assignment at the end of last month despite decent power numbers this season at Triple-A Tacoma. The 24-year-old infielder could wind up being a nice get for Baltimore. He was assigned to Triple-A Norfolk."

Liddi hit 30 homeruns in 2011 in AAA.

.275/.341/.472 line in the minors.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm conflicted. I watched International Signing Bonus Slot No. 2 come up through the minors, saw him in a few games at Aberdeen. You can tell the tools are there. And he was really great with the fans. Wasn't International Signing Bonus Slot No. 3 popped for PEDs last year?

Not getting this move at all. Granted, the guy is still fairly young, but he's only put up decent numbers (not great) in the PCL.

Yeah, he had a great year 4 years ago in high A, but he's gone downhill since when you consider his AAA stats were in the PCL. They have enough AAA depth.

I'm conflicted. I watched International Signing Bonus Slot No. 2 come up through the minors, saw him in a few games at Aberdeen. You can tell the tools are there. And he was really great with the fans. Wasn't International Signing Bonus Slot No. 3 popped for PEDs last year?

So it doesn't bother you that they are trading potential international talent for AAA fodder?

This is DD on full bore cat lady mode.

For all of you guys criticizing DD on this trade can you share with the rest of us what he was thinking? How it fits into the big overall picture? Maybe what he was drinking when he made the trade? Obviously if it doesnt make sense to you guys you must know better than DD and how it fits into what he's doing.

Enlighten the rest of us average fans who dont have the inside scoop into the mind and plans of DD.

For all of you guys criticizing DD on this trade can you share with the rest of us what he was thinking? How it fits into the big overall picture? Maybe what he was drinking when he made the trade? Obviously if it doesnt make sense to you guys you must know better than DD and how it fits into what he's doing.

Enlighten the rest of us average fans who dont have the inside scoop into the mind and plans of DD.

It's simple. The O's budget for International talent is less then the pool so DD is busy trading off the excess for whatever marginal gain he thinks he can get.

That wasn't obvious to everyone?

It's simple. The O's budget for International talent is less then the pool so DD is busy trading off the excess for whatever marginal gain he thinks he can get.

That wasn't obvious to everyone?

Unfortunately, I think that is the answer.

Archived