O's acquire Alex Liddi

Finisher

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the deal with Liddi and options? Does he have any remaining for next year?

Nope. He will be out of options after this year. Canzler at least had an option year next year. Maybe they just figured Canzler was so far down the depth chart it was whatever.

Yes you did.

I took the joke to mean that you thought the international slot money was unimportant.

I wouldn't read so far into most of the stupid crap I post.

My serious opinion is, wider talent pipelines are always a good thing. I don't think anyone has ever said "gee I wish my team wasn't signing so many international players," except for that one time we signed Pita Rona the New Zealand softballer and everyone thought it was hilarious (by the way: .731 OPS in 4 games at Bluefield!) And even then we applauded Duke for getting creative.

I just don't know enough about the new draft system to complain, and maybe DD wants Liddi for a reason.

I smell a trade. Liddi is depth to replace Casilla or Flaherty who will be traded in some package for somebody.

I agree. This is the second move of this type (Thames) that in a bottle doesnt make any sense. I wonder if a team like Flaherty enough that we would consider moving him and let Roberts/Cassilla finish out this season and maybe give this kid a shot next year. Our offense has been FLAT the last ten days and perhaps we are lining up for a trade for a bat...one can only hope!

My serious opinion is, wider talent pipelines are always a good thing. I don't think anyone has ever said "gee I wish my team wasn't signing so many international players," except for that one time we signed Pita Rona the New Zealand softballer and everyone thought it was hilarious (by the way: .731 OPS in 4 games at Bluefield!) And even then we applauded Duke for getting creative.

I just don't know enough about the new draft system to complain, and maybe DD wants Liddi for a reason.

Why is he playing for a Blue Jay affiliate?

You missed the part where I was complaining about spending 30K on a kid from Korea last week?

Archived