Oh, what a play, Manny!

Flacco Machado

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Machado is one of the most gifted athletes I've ever watched play. He's already likely the best 3rd baseman in the game, but I think he'd be a monster at SS as well. He has the range and the skills; he'd just have even more opportunities to make incredible plays like this.

I don't know what all the commotion is about. He turned it into a difficult play. The ball hit off the HEEL of his glove. If he fields it cleanly we aren't even having this discussion. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with his hand eye coordination. Ok, the throw was nice.Relax, just having a little fun.

[video=youtube;eRQSECBxK8s]

I gotta say, this play was right up there (and sort of similar) to the first Brooks play right there.

"The 2-2 to May. Swing! Ground ball third base side Brooks Robinson's got it throwing from foul ground toward first base. It is......... IN TIME!"

They just raved about it on Baseball Tonight.

Larkin said his footwork was excellent and the arm angle made him think it would at least bounce in. He was shocked to see how on target the throw was.

Schilling said it was the best play period he's seen in years... better than the Trout catch against Hardy which someone brought up.

Sutcliffe said it reminded him of the Brooks play.

On Espn, they have decided that it has the highest degree of difficulty of any play they have ever seen. Much better than Trout.

ESPN is also the flagbearer in the today is greater then yesterday movement.

That being said I could be persuaded that this play was better then Trout's.

Archived