The BRob Effect

webbrick2010

That doesn't make any sense. The team lost whether Roberts got 3 hits or no hits because they weren't any good, at all, period. The not hustling thing, whatever, if you believe it then you believe it. My position is you try and play hard all the time for a team that doesn't care and a roster that was a joke. But the Roberts is selfish thing is absurd. He didn't have to come back all these times. He didn't have to come back this time for that matter. He didn't have to sit in the dugout and watch his teammates last season. He didn't have to be in the locker room getting doused with champagne in Texas. He didn't have to do any of that, but he has. Yeah, sure sounds like a selfish player to me. :rolleyes:

I said it was my opinion. I can turn everything you said into being selfish. Why was he getting doused by champagne? He shouldn't have been. He did nothing to help that team win. Personally, I view him as a ME player. Is it a fact, who knows, none of us ever will.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, but this is absurd. It is up to Buck Showalter to decide who gives the Orioles the best chance to win and who should play on a given day. BRob is doing nothing other than making himself available to be in the lineup. If he doesn't belong in the lineup, then I blame Buck for playing him, not BRob for being out there.

This is more absurd. In a vacuum, yes. But Buck has 10 million pressures to play him.

So, Flaherty puts that line up for over 2 months and it's fine. Roberts is back for a little over a week and is the reason the O's had a bad week? You never cease to befuddle me with you absolutely ridiculous assertions.
Correlation does not equal causation.

Yep.

But this is definitely an amusing topic, and I can always use a good laugh on Mondays. While we're at it, what's the O's record when Teagarden starts and Wieters sits? Might be time to put Wieters out to pasture too. :D

I said it was my opinion. I can turn everything you said into being selfish. Why was he getting doused by champagne? He shouldn't have been. He did nothing to help that team win. Personally, I view him as a ME player. Is it a fact, who knows, none of us ever will.

Because his teammates value him and he means something to his teammates, especially the ones he suffered with for years and years?

A me player cause he wants to play the game? To expect him to come off the DL after not playing for most of the last couple years and be who he was, is just plain stooopid. If he stays healthy, big if, he's an upgrade over Flaherty and Castila.

But Buck has 10 million pressures to play him.

That is absurd! He is our best option at second base. He just needs at bats and playing time. He makes 10 million a year cause of what he DID for us. Which is more then Flaherty and Castila combined will EVER do for us.

Hey I'd love to have the BRob of 2004 & 2005, but the real question is if the BRob of 2013 should be starting (or even on the roster).

I maintain that we have a better 25 man roster with BRob not on it.

Time will prove me correct/incorrect or more likely it will still be debateable.

So you back off of the claim that BRob is responsible for struggles of the ballclub, then you drop this in. Are you saying that his being active is actively harming the team right now or not?

He actually DID nothing for the TEAM. He put up good numbers for horrible teams.

What the what?

So we shouldn't deal for any "good" players from losing ballclubs at the deadline because they must not contribute much to their teams? Why else would those teams be in a position to be sellers?

So you back off of the claim that BRob is responsible for struggles of the ballclub, then you drop this in. Are you saying that his being active is actively harming the team right now or not?

Interesting question...maybe, maybe not. I would bet there are a few players if not more that are sick of the BROB situation. They are no different then fans. They are waiting for the day when he comes up lame again. I'm sure they have been friends that they prefer not to have released or demoted for a guy that probably wont last a month.

Interesting question...maybe, maybe not. I would bet there are a few players if not more that are sick of the BROB situation. They are no different then fans. They are waiting for the day when he comes up lame again. I'm sure they have been friends that they prefer not to have released or demoted for a guy that probably wont last a month.

Other than the fact that they likely have a personal relationship with B-Rob, especially those who came into the organization as young guys when BRob was an all-star caliber 2B, so are much more likely to have patience with his situation.

Staggering, just staggering.

While I disagree with the premise of this thread (that Roberts is the reason the O's are losing games), I do think it is time to part ways with BRob. He hasn't been any good since 2010, and isn't doing anything that Casilla or Flaherty can't produce. I would rather give the younger guys with more upside a shot at this point.

Archived