My Honest Opinion Is That This Team Is In Trouble

WNY Orioles Fan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both were sent down. Chen and Ascencio is my guess.

They'd have to clear a spot on the 40-man for Jario. Not saying they wouldn't do it. I would guess Wada but don't know that they need another lefty long-man in the pen. Unless they were going to move one of Hammel or Feldman to the pen but I don't think they are going to do that, at least not yet.

we'll see. Belfiore, another lefty, is always another option. Unless they go with another bat. Is it too soon for Valencia?

I disagree the team is not in trouble, although in my opinion some things should be changed; and this if I may add will be difficult to voice - because what is best for the team IMO comes first!

Old team favorites, and old favorite prospects (that could have been, but aren't) definitely come second, if not third.

Ways to get back on track:

- Flaherty & Casilla at 2nd and only on occasion do we see Roberts - try him lead-off again (for a brief stint) before putting him in the back pocket

- Reimold, well don't have to anything more than mention his name, am I wrong?

- Davis in the 5 slot

- Mc/Mac & Jones/Davis combos w Kakis in-between is the favored top five - it just works

I think we should trade Gausman. Most likely he busts just like every other starter in the past 10-15 years we've tried to develop. Maybe he doesn't and he becomes TOR. Whatever, I'm willing to take the risk. Make something happen.

I don't know if you are serious or not, but I think he deserves a few years. I would have kept him in the rotation to work things out rather than put him in the bullpen and yoyo him from minors to majors all year long.

I rather see Reimold and Roberts gone. They have brought nothing to this team. I know they are "fan favorites" and "likeable" or whatever, but if a move is going to be made it should start with those two.

If I may add this one thing, and would really love to see this; and thought it would happen before now (in regard to batting order):

Mc/Mac, BRob/Kakis, Jones/Davis combos for the top six - hope to see it, if only for one game

Not only do I think it will work, it just sounds right :thumbsup1:

Archived