Henry U. watch

El Gordo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dickerson serves a purpose.

That he does. Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears, outside of Dickerson, Avery is the only other CFer we have on the 40-man and McLouth probably plays a better CF then him. If we let Dickerson go and something happens to AJ we wouldn't want to run McLouth out there for an extended period and even having Avery on the ML bench is a waste of space, IMO.

Thames, who is not quite back from injury anyway, doesn't play CF. I have no idea if Pridie can play CF, I suppose Trayvon can, and neither of them are on the 40-man. It would be a bit of a gamble to lose Dickerson even though he is contributing very little these days.

Then again, Dickerson wasn't on the opening day roster... Don't know if Casilla or Flaherty could cover in a pinch. Although, that reminds me, if Urritua was added to the 40-man they could just send down Flaherty for the 25-man spot.

That he does. Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears, outside of Dickerson, Avery is the only other CFer we have on the 40-man and McLouth probably plays a better CF then him. If we let Dickerson go and something happens to AJ we wouldn't want to run McLouth out there for an extended period and even having Avery on the ML bench is a waste of space, IMO.

Thames, who is not quite back from injury anyway, doesn't play CF. I have no idea if Pridie can play CF, I suppose Trayvon can, and neither of them are on the 40-man. It would be a bit of a gamble to lose Dickerson even though he is contributing very little these days.

Then again, Dickerson wasn't on the opening day roster... Don't know if Casilla or Flaherty could cover in a pinch. Although, that reminds me, if Urritua was added to the 40-man they could just send down Flaherty for the 25-man spot.

What purpose does Reimold serve. I'm still waiting to see it.

What purpose does Reimold serve. I'm still waiting to see it.

Oh, I agree. Just not sure the O's (Buck) are ready to sever ties yet, well that and his right-handedness at the plate. We'll see. Maybe he could be part of a trade package for a relief arm that way we can empty a 40-man spot while acquiring a new player. You would think that he falls into the same category as Strop and Arrieta in DD's mind.

Archived