Britton and Gausman down

bpilktree

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'd have to clear a 40-man spot for Ascencio. Maybe they do it. If not, could go Wada or Belfiore. I don't think it's been 10 days so they can't bring up Valencia and go with a shorter pen. So the offensive option would be Hoes.

I think they are looking for pen coverage though. We'll see.

They'd have to clear a 40-man spot for Ascencio. Maybe they do it. If not, could go Wada or Belfiore. I don't think it's been 10 days so they can't bring up Valencia and go with a shorter pen. So the offensive option would be Hoes.

I think they are looking for pen coverage though. We'll see.

I don't think it will be Hoes since we are facing some right handers the next few games so a right handed bat not a huge need. I am thinking Wada, bring him and Chen up the same night.

That's the least of his problems right now. Kid has no fastball command. Is a thrower. Has home run issues.

His fastball command is fine. He has one outing where he can't throw strikes and someone proclaims that he can't command his heater. :rolleyestf:

That's the least of his problems right now. Kid has no fastball command. Is a thrower. Has home run issues.

I have no idea where you get he not have fastball command. He is a strike thrower who in the minors was amazing it throwing strikes and getting strikeouts and very very few walks.

I don't think it will be Hoes since we are facing some right handers the next few games so a right handed bat not a huge need. I am thinking Wada, bring him and Chen up the same night.

Hmmmm.... great point about the righties on the horizon. Wonder if they'd consider adding Urrutia then? Again a 40-man spot would have to be cleared. Problem is, I think they're looking for a bullpen arm.

Well, Ascencio would probably be the smart move, that's why we'll bring up Wada.

;)

Perhaps Ascencio has earned his chance but we'd have to drop someone off the 40-man, don't know that they'd put Pearce on the 60-day. Not sure that Ascencio can pitch in the big leagues. Only problem with Wada is not necessarily needing another lefty in the pen. We'll see.

Maybe if he was calm under fire I could support him, but clearly he gets rattled. He's a bust. Trade him, maybe Philly will take him off our hands for an old lefty they have.

Hmmmm.... great point about the righties on the horizon. Wonder if they'd consider adding Urrutia then? Again a 40-man spot would have to be cleared. Problem is, I think they're looking for a bullpen arm.

Perhaps Ascencio has earned his chance but we'd have to drop someone off the 40-man, don't know that they'd put Pearce on the 60-day. Not sure that Ascencio can pitch in the big leagues. Only problem with Wada is not necessarily needing another lefty in the pen. We'll see.

Your sure Wada can? You have the same 40 man issue with him as well. Wada gonna do?

Sources can be fun: "The Orioles wanted to put Gausman in Norfolk's rotation during the break so he wouldn't remain idle.

The move became necessary because the Orioles are short a long reliever after using Gausman tonight and T.J. McFarland the two previous games". http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/07/britton-and-gausman-optioned.html

I think they will keep Urrutia down for now especially with him going to the futures game on Sunday. Pearce is starting to come back and may not be far away so I doubt they put him on the 60 day.

Oh, good. I was really starting to wonder what happened to Steve Pearce. :rolleyes:

Archived