Time to Switch into Seller Mode

webbrick2010

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best adage to go by is the team is never as good as it looks during a long winning streak and never as bad as they look during a long losing streak. This team is struggling in many ways right now, but they will bounce back a bit and right the ship. Are they playoff contenders? Sure they are. Are they definitely going to the playoffs again, absolutely not.

The Orioles play in a great Division so it will be tough for them to make the playoffs, but this team has showed enough over the last year and half that suggests it's not going to meltdown. This is a long season and the team is not playing very well right now. Are there changes that could be made that would make me feel better, sure, but that's for another post.

as trade deadline approaches

The O's have some pieces that they should know that they don't want to bring back next year:

1. Jason Hammel (FA) will get more than he deserves

2. Brian Matusz, 2M + for a <= one inning situational lefty is too much

3. Jim Johnson, 8M+ for a shaky closer is too much

4. Feldman (FA)

I would also dangle Matt Wieters to see if there are any interesting offers

I'm okay with giving Matt another arb raise and letting Buck over use him for another year, but I think as he gets close to FA his trade value will plummet and I hope the O's don't plan on extending him.

Wow really? Aren't we jumping the gun a bit?

Well the kind of head in the sand responses that I unfortunately had expected

Keep holding on to those hopes that this team is a playoff team, and lose the chance to make improvements to the 2014 team.

On this date last year we were 5 games over .500 and in late July we were 52-49. We are better than last year and we should be buyers. Get Soriano from the Cubs for Reimold and Avery. We need a DH.

Well the kind of head in the sand responses that I unfortunately had expected

Keep holding on to those hopes that this team is a playoff team, and lose the chance to make improvements to the 2014 team.

Really Dude? Your throwing in the towel already? Teams have bad stretches....perhaps if things are worse in two-three weeks. All teams play poorly in stretches.

We haven't had a DH all year. Man, Mark Reynolds would have been a nice fit.

I'm assuming this is a joke. Despite OPSing over 1.000 in April he's now down to .700. He's literally hitting worse than Matt Wieters, and from what I hear Wieters apparently is a giant black hole of suck that threatens to destroy most of the state of Maryland.

Archived