Time to Switch into Seller Mode

webbrick2010

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You aren't finding a C of his quality to replace him. What you get back would be prospects that probably won't be a factor on the ML club, within the 5 year window we have to contend with our present core. You may not understand the value of a good defensive C, who is a 20 HR, 80 RBI bat, but just about every ML manager and GM, including Buck and DD does.

How do you know this? That's pure speculation. I should point out I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but your argument is entirely specious in nature. If it's prospects you want, then you could probably get a fair number of them for Matt. But I bet you could also use him to secure some immediate pitching help because, as you note, there are many in the game who highly value the tools of a good defensive catcher (I also find it amusing that several folks have taken to qualifying Matt's ability by referring to him as a good "defensive catcher," as opposed to a good "catcher").

I agree that it would be difficult to replace defensive Matt. I'm not so sure it would be hard to replace offensive Matt...

I also don't think either one of us is going to find out anytime soon, because I think the chances Matt gets traded this year are slim and none.

First of all, it's you'RE, not your.

Second of all, you'RE either really stupid or trolling.

You can't call him stupid. You could say, "either these are stupid posts, or troll like posts." Maybe?

If, forensically, you could build a case for troll-like behavior it would be reasonable to call a person out on it. It happens far more often than that around here. It would never be acceptable to question someone's intelligence. The honesty, the quality, and the intent would all be reasonable things to question.

If, forensically, you could build a case for troll-like behavior it would be reasonable to call a person out on it. It happens far more often than that around here. It would never be acceptable to question someone's intelligence. The honesty, the quality, and the intent would all be reasonable things to question.

But what if they are actually stupid and you can, you know, prove it?

I would rather have my intelligence questioned then my honesty.

First of all, it's you'RE, not your.

Second of all, you'RE either really stupid or trolling.

You can't call him stupid. You could say, "either these are stupid posts, or troll like posts." Maybe?
But what if they are actually stupid and you can, you know, prove it?

I would rather have my intelligence questioned then my honesty.

You could not taunt a person over that. But, you could question their intentions.

I hardly believe we are out of the race because of a mediocre 10-15 game stretch with several players offering poor results, but I would have no issue with being a seller if the return is right.

If either or both JJs can bring something good back, I have been in favor of moving them for a while. Past trades have taught us that major league players can be moved for prospects and yet the major league team became better.

I would be interested in moving additional pieces given the right offer - especially in a seller's market.

IMO, it's all about being set up to compete on equal terms with the better teams in our division and league and we seem to be a bit shy when things stack up. If we are close, I have no issue with letting things ride, but my preference would be to be prepared to sell.

How come when someone presents an idea that is considered negative, it's troll like behavior? If the OP said, "We suck, we should be sellers" without any context and only replied to people in every thread with "we are terrible" then that would be trolling. Just because a person has a different view that might not be so rosy, does not make it trolling. In fact, there is a lot more trolling going on by people responding to the "intelligence" of his posts rather than addressing his ideas/concerns. Furthermore, if you feel someone's post is so ridiculous or stupid, then by all means, go back up to the top and select forum and go find a better thread to comment on.

If you are calling a guy an attention whore, yet are responding in his thread, aren't you as much of the problem?

This board is here for discussion and all viewpoints are allowed. Let's remember this. Thanks.

How come when someone present an idea that is considered negative, it's troll like behavior? If the OP said, "We suck, we should be sellers" without any context and only replied to people in every thread with "we are terrible" then that would be trolling. Just because a person has a different view that might not be so rosy, does not make it trolling. In fact, there is a lot more trolling going on by people responding to the "intelligence" of his posts rather than addressing his ideas/concerns. Furthermore, if you feel someone's post is so ridiculous or stupid, then by all means, go back up to the top and select forum and go find a better thread to comment on.

If you are calling a guy an attention whore, yet are responding in his thread, aren't you as much of the problem?

This board is here for discussion and all viewpoints are allowed. Let's remember this. Thanks.

Thank you for explaining what I was attempting to.

Archived