Let's Bury the BlueJays

brianod

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rochester
Oh please are you serious? I usually like your postings but this is sorta crazy. The O's are known around baseball to talk more trash than most teams. One of my good friends has been up on the big club most of the year (recently got sent to Norfolk) but he tells stories all the time about how the guys are getting in the heads of opposing teams in the dugout.

Also, didn't you learn anything from the "steroid era". For all we know half our team could be on PDAs. Hell, we are lead by a guy who has the typical steroid body and has had a HUGE boost in production (note I do not think Chris Davis is doing steroids but it certainly wouldn't shock me).

Manny got tossed just last week for disrespecting an umpire. It happens. Umpires basically egg most of it on.

Jose is a very very good player and acts like it. However, Jose is a good guy, earlier this season (late April or early May I want to say) we had a weekday game at noon against the blue jays. At about 11am, Jose was out there signing autographs for tons of kids in the stands. Trust me he didn't have to do that at 11am in the visitors yard.

This entire post is a joke, right? or maybe just confusing... I am reading this as your good friend playing up in Baltimore and being sent to Norfolk? So, assuming that..

The talking trash stuff - You have a "good friend" on the team that gives you that secret decoder shake-hands thing about the inner secrets of the team. Then you essentially say that Chris Davis is on steroids, then try to back away ("note I do not think Chris Davis is doing steroids") then come right back with "but it certainly wouldn't shock me". Can/should we assume that your "good friend" knows about the trash talk that he has also told you CD is doping? By stating "For all we know half our team could be on PDAs" does that mean your "good friend" is doping also? So, we now have verified knowledge that Davis and half the team are doping.

The Manny and Bautista statements are the proverbial icing on the provocative cake, right?

If I misread this (has been up on the big club most of the year (recently got sent to Norfolk) and your good friend is not a player I digress, if he is, you may wish to give him a heads up so he doesn't get blindsided.

This entire post is a joke, right? or maybe just confusing... I am reading this as your good friend playing up in Baltimore and being sent to Norfolk? So, assuming that..

The talking trash stuff - You have a "good friend" on the team that gives you that secret decoder shake-hands thing about the inner secrets of the team. Then you essentially say that Chris Davis is on steroids, then try to back away ("note I do not think Chris Davis is doing steroids") then come right back with "but it certainly wouldn't shock me". Can/should we assume that your "good friend" knows about the trash talk that he has also told you CD is doping? By stating "For all we know half our team could be on PDAs" does that mean your "good friend" is doping also? So, we now have verified knowledge that Davis and half the team are doping.

The Manny and Bautista statements are the proverbial icing on the provocative cake, right?

If I misread this (has been up on the big club most of the year (recently got sent to Norfolk) and your good friend is not a player I digress, if he is, you may wish to give him a heads up so he doesn't get blindsided.

If it is who is implied, then he is already very aware of the situation as he was originally named by one of the sites first reporting. Though he is not on any of the latest lists I've seen.

While we are on the subject of teams we dont like here are the ones I dont and few reasons why. ;)

Yankees...I would list all the reasons I hate the Yanks but I have plans for this evening and I want to make them.

Red Sox...See above only I have plans for tomorrow evening too.

Jays...Cito, BooHoo Bautista etc....the rest has been covered in this thread.

Rays...Maddon and those stupid Buddy Holly glasses that he thinks makes him look like some kind of genius...plus that loud mouthed guy among the huge crowd of 25 that used to heckle our guys.

Tigers...Kirk Gibson,the 1984 team and ex-pirate Jim Leyland.

Indians...It doesnt matter how bad they are or how many games out they always play the O's like they're playing in the seventh game of the world series...but they lay down for the rest of the AL east.

Royals...They are the whipping boys for the Yankees...I mean really have they ever beaten them more then once in any season?

Twins...Kirby Puckett...yes he was a great player and a class act but he could get out of bed and go 3 for 4 against the O's...plus although not as bad as the Royals they also lay down for the Yankees.

White Sox...Ozzie Guillen...nuff said.

A's...I still remember them keeping the O's out of the playoffs in '72,'73 and '74 plus they stole the manager of the year from Buck last year.

Rangers...August 22 2007...I will never forget those Pukes running the score up against the O's but last years playoff helped ease the pain a little.

Angels...Didnt that low down rat Reggie Jackson play for the Angels? Whats that you say? That low down rat played for the O's too?...well that's different...don't ask me why it just is.

Mariners...They practically gave Ichiro to the Yankees its not bad enough they buy players without these morons giving them players too. Plus when the O's play them out there I'm up late watching them then I'm sleepy the next day.(Note...this hatred applies to all west coast teams)

Astros...They let all the AL west teams beat them up thus making it more difficult for the O's to win a wildcard.

Braves...Ted Turner,Jane Fonda,Tomahawk Chops etc...just yuck!

Nats...Beltway-smeltway...theres only one real baseball team in the Metro area and thats the mighty O's!!! They are still the Expos with a fancy paint job.

Phillies...Are they the minor league team the O's beat in the WS in 1983? Plus they had a cut rate third base man that some uninformed people liked to compare to Brooks...but in reality he couldnt carry Brook's jock strap.

Mets...1969....Nuff said.

Marlins....See White Sox.

Cardinals...I dont know but any team that had a manager called "The White Rat" deserves to be hated.

Pirates...1971...We are family...I think we all know where I stand on them.

Reds...I hated all the hype "The Big Red Machine" got but the mighty O's showed the world it was just that...hype!

Cubs...Any team that blames a playoff loss on a fan in the stands deserves to be hated...Whats that you say? The O's blamed a playoff loss on a fan in the stands? Well thats different dont ask me why it just is.

Brewers...Harvey's Wallbangers 1982....nuff said.

D-backs....What can I say?...I loathe snakes.

Dodgers...Lots of reasons here but the most recent was last year when these morons took all those fat contracts off the books for the Red Sox.

Rockies...Had a tough time with this one but they are not the Orioles so thus I dont like them.

Giants...Barry Bonds...Yuppie stadium...another just yuck!

Padres...See Rockies.

There you have it...a small list of teams i just dont care for...however I must add a disclaimer...I reserve the right to "like" any of the above teams when they play the Yankees or Red Sox or by winning would in any way help the Orioles.

Looks like the feeling is mutual. Enjoy:

Official Oriole Hate Thread

A place to rant about the Baltimore Orioles and their fans.

Over the past 2 years the Orioles are 146-112. They have scored 1174 runs and allowed 1140. That's a +34 run differential. Using the pythagorean record they should have record of 132-126.

Chris Davis is magically on pace for 63 HR.

The Orioles have no pitching whatsoever but continue to win somehow. Their pitchers have a 4.58 FIP. The only team worse is the Astros. Their starters have a 4.99 FIP, which is the worst in baseball. Their bullpen has a 3.87 FIP (7th worst in baseball).

http://www.bluejaysmessageboard.com/threads/916-Official-Oriole-Hate-Thread

Looks like the feeling is mutual. Enjoy:

Official Oriole Hate Thread

A place to rant about the Baltimore Orioles and their fans.

Over the past 2 years the Orioles are 146-112. They have scored 1174 runs and allowed 1140. That's a +34 run differential. Using the pythagorean record they should have record of 132-126.

Chris Davis is magically on pace for 63 HR.

The Orioles have no pitching whatsoever but continue to win somehow. Their pitchers have a 4.58 FIP. The only team worse is the Astros. Their starters have a 4.99 FIP, which is the worst in baseball. Their bullpen has a 3.87 FIP (7th worst in baseball).

http://www.bluejaysmessageboard.com/threads/916-Official-Oriole-Hate-Thread

That's all they've got?

Some of the fans are actually respectful there. Some not so much, one guy again making a claim that there is only one explanation for Davis' size. One guy says we are "dumbf**k fans are insufferable as ever."

Sorry, I didn't know we were ever at the level of Yankee fans.

Archived