Why can't we trade for Chris Sale?

bt12483

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would easily give up Gausman/Bundy+Schoop for Sale. Without a doubt.

Ahh, that's a tough one. I don't know why people are giving up on Bundy. I think he has an extremely high upside and same with Gausman.

Who said he is available?

Chicago White Sox ace Chris Sale could be on the move at the MLB trade deadline.

Just weeks after Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reported that the only two players the ChiSox wanted to hang on to were Paul Konerko and Sale, it appears that Sale could, in fact, be for sale.

Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports said that it "is possible" that the White Sox will move Sale before the deadline on Thursday, just 14 days after the team said Sale was untouchable.

Perhaps, the Sox read Ken Rosenthal's column about why Sale should be traded. Rosenthal made an excellent case, citing the fact that no true aces are up for sale and that the White Sox could get a huge return for their ace.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1702424-breaking-down-chris-sales-potential-trade-deadline-suitors

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/07/10/rosenthal-should-the-white-sox-trade-chris-sale/

Sale is one of the few ML'ers I would consider giving up a Gausman/Bundy package for. If we have climbed up even higher in the standings by the deadline, I would go all in with Sale.

Sale is one of the few ML'ers I would consider giving up a Gausman/Bundy package for. If we have climbed up even higher in the standings by the deadline, I would go all in with Sale.

I agree.

A true ace would help us dramatically. Only 24 too.

I think he would go a long way towards a playoff push this year, and be a part of the longterm team core that (hopefully) includes Davis, Machado, Jones.

Yea, maybe if they got a good deal they could acquire someone who'd one day become a 24-year-old cost-controlled ace.
who'd MAYBE become a 24-year-old cost-controlled ace.

We have a bunch of guys that were supposed to become that. None did.

Sale is that. Right now. We are competitive, right now.

Would you trade Machado for him? If not, why would the Sox settle for anything less?

Exactly. So... why would the Sox trade a current cost-controlled young ace for a potential future ace? Unless you're going to trade a bunch of additional stuff along with the potential ace. Or the Sox know something about his injury probabilities that we don't...

Would you trade Machado for him? If not, why would the Sox settle for anything less?

I wouldn't do Machado. Nor Davis.

But I would do any of our pitching prospects+whatever else would be needed to get the deal done (within reason of course).

Archived