I think Dan Duquette has done a great job, but...

GoldGlove21

Since Gonzalez was not an international signing, and Urrutia was old enough to be considered an actual free agent, It would be a difficult task.
Are you saying he hasn't made any international signings or that there is no record of them? Both Gonzo and Henry were Fred Ferreira's and he's our Latin American chief scout, so term them what you will, but I doubt AM's people would have found either.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you saying he hasn't made any international signings or that there is no record of them? Both Gonzo and Henry were Fred Ferreira's and he's our Latin American chief scout, so term them what you will, but I doubt AM's people would have found either.

AM's people only found Chen, Koji (how did that work out for us?), Schoop, ERod, etc.

His people were doing something too.

Well we could resolve this issue if we knew how many international signings DD has made since he has been here, and how many occurred under AM. Do you know?

I don't. Do you?

You think it can be boiled down so simply as a numbers game?

I don't. Do you?

You think it can be boiled down so simply as a numbers game?

No ,I don't so what are you basing your opinion on. I don't have an opinion since I don't know who has or has not been signed internationally. I don't think you can base the assessment on the dollars spent. I think you have to base it on the number of signings plus the scouting assessment of those signings. If you know neither of these things your opinion is worth spit. IMO.

No ,I don't so what are you basing your opinion on. I don't have an opinion since I don't know who has or has not been signed internationally. I don't think you can base the assessment on the dollars spent. I think you have to base it on the number of signings plus the scouting assessment of those signings. If you know neither of these things your opinion is worth spit. IMO.

So you basically hopped in to say you don't know anything.

Well, thanks for adding to the discussion.

Carrying on.

I think it is obvious what the Orioles plan to do. They will pick up undervalued players they think will play better in Baltimore.

My main concern is Mcphail seemed to make a lot of trades that were outright steals in hindsight. The core of the term (AJ, Davis, Hardy, Tillman, etc all came here this way.). In a lot of ways DD had the table set when he got here and has really only added small bit pieces here and there. While he looks great for Chen, the Wada and Hammel (this year) additions do not look that good. The real test for DD will be in the next 3-4 years when the core of the team hits free agency. Even if PA opens the pocketbook, the odds of us losing two or more of Markakis, Hardy, Machado, Davis, or Wieters is very high. Will he have anything new on the shelves to replace them.

I would honestly love to see MacPhail come back in some kind of role with DD now that he seems to want to get back in the game.

What do you know? I have seen any evidence of anything. Only you won't admit to your ignorance.

I know that MacPhail brought in a lot of international FAs that have made a difference in this organization.

I listed several of them earlier in this thread.

Can you/Did you not read the names I listed?

That's what I know. The actual names I WROTE DOWN IN THIS THREAD.

I think it is obvious what the Orioles plan to do. They will pick up undervalued players they think will play better in Baltimore.

My main concern is Mcphail seemed to make a lot of trades that were outright steals in hindsight. The core of the term (AJ, Davis, Hardy, Tillman, etc all came here this way.). In a lot of ways DD had the table set when he got here and has really only added small bit pieces here and there. While he looks great for Chen, the Wada and Hammel (this year) additions do not look that good. The real test for DD will be in the next 3-4 years when the core of the team hits free agency. Even if PA opens the pocketbook, the odds of us losing two or more of Markakis, Hardy, Machado, Davis, or Wieters is very high. Will he have anything new on the shelves to replace them.

I would honestly love to see MacPhail come back in some kind of role with DD now that he seems to want to get back in the game.

That would be bad. Andy M is wAter under the bridge. That is the past. Do you

really think either one would want to work for the other? DD has done pretty well.

He can't swing every trade or make trades the fans think he should. GM's make

good deals and bad ones. So I leave it to those that make decisions. Both Andy

and DD have more baseball smarts in their little finger nails than I have in my

whole body. I am just a fan. Do I wish the team could get a TOR without messing

up the minors? Yes of course. I also wish there was a top hitter for DH. For me I

have to trust DD. I do believe he does what he can. Some fans will question some

of his moves. That is normal. Andy made moves that were questioned. That is the

nature of the beast. IMO

That would be bad. Andy M is wAter under the bridge. That is the past. Do you

really think either one would want to work for the other? DD has done pretty well.

He can't swing every trade or make trades the fans think he should. GM's make

good deals and bad ones. So I leave it to those that make decisions. Both Andy

and DD have more baseball smarts in their little finger nails than I have in my

whole body. I am just a fan. Do I wish the team could get a TOR without messing

up the minors? Yes of course. I also wish there was a top hitter for DH. For me I

have to trust DD. I do believe he does what he can. Some fans will question some

of his moves. That is normal. Andy made moves that were questioned. That is the

nature of the beast. IMO

Completely unrelated. But can any of you see Andy hugging Mariano like Bud did? Or Buck like Dan did? Carry on. Sorry for the derail.

I know that MacPhail brought in a lot of international FAs that have made a difference in this organization.

I listed several of them earlier in this thread.

Can you/Did you not read the names I listed?

That's what I know. The actual names I WROTE DOWN IN THIS THREAD.

This is what you said:"So what is he doing differently than AM? Which was my point." So you named a handful of players that AM signed, and have admitted you have no idea what DD has done, and from this you suggest that he hasn't done anything different the AM. And you think you know something? :rolleyestf:

Archived