So why hasn't Brob been traded?

pactman12

I have worked in the media for over 22 years. Yes there are media outlets that claim "facts" without confirmation from primary sources. I find this a bit misleading.

The only sources that could "confirm" the B-Rob trade are, The O's organization, the Cubs organization, or MLB. All other sources fall short in confirming the trade as "fact".

And you have no idea whether or not his unnamed sources qualify as any of the above.

Tony posted the club's official comment on the story. Maybe the title of the blurb could have been worded better but that wouldn't change much.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly this trade was going on as multiple people had heard about it including myself. What happened in the end....I don't know! I do know that Tony shouldn't be giving such a hard time about it. All he was trying to do is give this board the information which is what this board always wants. His story was marked with the words Report and sources...multiple sources at that. Something was happening and it is to early to discount that this still may not happen. Long story short...Tony did nothing wrong he was just trying to give this board information as it was being told to him.

Clearly this trade was going on as multiple people had heard about it including myself. What happened in the end....I don't know! I do know that Tony shouldn't be given such a hard time about it. All he was trying to do is give this board the information which is what this board always wants. His story was marked with the words Report and sources...multiple sources at that. Something was happening and it is to early to discount that this still may not happen. Long story short...Tony did nothing wrong he was just trying to give this board information as it was being told to him.

a little tweak and this is even better... ;)

Clearly this trade was going on as multiple people had heard about it including myself. What happened in the end....I don't know! I do know that Tony shouldn't be giving such a hard time about it. All he was trying to do is give this board the information which is what this board always wants. His story was marked with the words Report and sources...multiple sources at that. Something was happening and it is to early to discount that this still may not happen. Long story short...Tony did nothing wrong he was just trying to give this board information as it was being told to him.

Sounds like Bigbird has an idea..................

And you have no idea whether or not his unnamed sources qualify as any of the above.

Tony posted the club's official comment on the story. Maybe the title of the blurb could have been worded better but that wouldn't change much.

You are correct. But what a story that would be "O's confirm trade to Cubs, but Cubs deny".

Talk about getting your knickers in a wad!

Look I know you've had a rough 24 but that is no reason to go off half cocked when YOU misread something. I saw reports on ESPN and Chicago news sites yesterday morning stating the trade as fact and siting OH as the source. THIS IS NOT A NEWS SOURCE IS IT? That is why I said the NEWS AGENCIES that ran with the story were being irresponsible! Not you or the HO.Go back and read your own darn board! I have said nothing but positive and supportive things about you and the HO in this and all threads.

You sir are the one who needs to get your darn facts straight!

We certainly can be a News source sometimes. WE report news both major and minor league just like anyone else out there. If it's on our front pages it certainly could be our reports.

This report apparently changed after I was told by TWO different sources it was 100 percent done. I don't know about you, but 100 percent to me means it's going to happen. However, I still put Sources indicates...in the news to make sure people knew this came from multiple sources and not an offical trade announcement.

Did I think the trade was final? Absolutely. did it apparently change after being 100 percent, sure does look that way. I have no problem taking heat for the report. My sources were apparently not 100 percent when they told me they were or something changed after the fact. Hopefully I will find out the truth when this all shakes out.

We try pretty dang hard to get things straght and I almost never run anything on the front unless I'm certain. In this case it didn't work out.

We certainly can be a News source sometimes. WE report news both major and minor league just like anyone else out there. If it's on our front pages it certainly could be our reports.

This report apparently changed after I was told by TWO different sources it was 100 percent done. I don't know about you, but 100 percent to me means it's going to happen. However, I still put Sources indicates...in the news to make sure people knew this came from multiple sources and not an offical trade announcement.

Did I think the trade was final? Absolutely. did it apparently change after being 100 percent, sure does look that way. I have no problem taking heat for the report. My sources were apparently not 100 percent when they told me they were or something changed after the fact. Hopefully I will find out the truth when this all shakes out.

We try pretty dang hard to get things staright and I almost never run anything on the front unless I'm certain. In this case it didn't work out. Fine, you and others want to jump on me for it and call me unprofessional and say I crossed some sort of journalistic standard that I shouldn't, go right ahead. I'm not going to stop doing what I do because of this situation.

I think you are misreading his post again Tony. He's not saying you did anything wrong in posting the report you got from the sources, but that the national and local media outlets that reported the story as being done basing it on the OH were being a tad irresponsible.

What is the root of all of this? I mean are people complaining because they got their hopes up that a trade was finalized and then something fell apart and it's not now? I mean, I'm sorry if you are hurt and upset that this has to drag on a little longer, and I'm sure Tony, BB, Belkast, Peace and all of our actual insiders are also sorry, but the fact is none of us know what changed yesterday, but something did. In the end, it's going to change, and we will have a bigger trade on our hands and be MORE excited than if the original trade were done. So lets all take a deep breath, and be just a little more patient until this thing is done.

I'm as antsy for some news as much as anyone else here, but come on, has no one else had a deal or an agreement in place and all but signed on to have it fall apart at the 11th hour? Haven't you guys bought a house before? Then we should know that these things happen, more likely more so in a MLB trade than in a house settlement, and I'm sure plenty can attest that is pretty often itself. Let's give our insiders a little more faith and respect and cut them some slack.

What is the root of all of this? I mean are people complaining because they got their hopes up that a trade was finalized and then something fell apart and it's not now? I mean, I'm sorry if you are hurt and upset that this has to drag on a little longer, and I'm sure Tony, BB, Belkast, Peace and all of our actual insiders are also sorry, but the fact is none of us know what changed yesterday, but something did. In the end, it's going to change, and we will have a bigger trade on our hands and be MORE excited than if the original trade were done. So lets all take a deep breath, and be just a little more patient until this thing is done.

I'm as antsy for some news as much as anyone else here, but come on, has no one else had a deal or an agreement in place and all but signed on to have it fall apart at the 11th hour? Haven't you guys bought a house before? Then we should know that these things happen, more likely more so in a MLB trade than in a house settlement, and I'm sure plenty can attest that is pretty often itself. Let's give our insiders a little more faith and respect and cut them some slack.

Again, I have no problem with our insiders, and as long as Tony's Headline said sources, i have no problem with that either.

I just think some here misread the headline like myself, and thought the Roberts trade was being reported as fact.

I think you are misreading his post again Tony. He's not saying you did anything wrong in posting the report you got from the sources, but that the national and local media outlets that reported the story as being done basing it on the OH were being a tad irresponsible.

Yup you are correct. I had to go back and read his original post again and he is in no way bashing Tony or OH. And IMHO Tony has handled this very well.

Look I know you've had a rough 24 but that is no reason to go off half cocked when YOU misread something. I saw reports on ESPN and Chicago news sites yesterday morning stating the trade as fact and siting OH as the source. THIS IS NOT A NEWS SOURCE IS IT? That is why I said the NEWS AGENCIES that ran with the story were being irresponsible! Not you or the HO.Go back and read your own darn board! I have said nothing but positive and supportive things about you and the HO in this and all threads.

Please get you facts straight sir. We are not a HO... we are OH, the Orioles Hangout. Not someone who has indiscreet relations with many unknown people... :002_sbiggrin:

Again, I have no problem with our insiders, and as long as Tony's Headline said sources, i have no problem with that either.

I just think some here misread the headline like myself, and thought the Roberts trade was being reported as fact.

Ok so we can agree that there may have been some misreading, and as disappointing as it is that this is still dragging on, we are just going to move on to being excited about what they are adding to this deal right?

Cool with me :002_scool:

I reread your post and apologize, I misread it. It's been a long 24 hours..Sorry.

Archived