Joey Votto Critical of Davis Saying the HR Record Is 61

SeaBird

Make the best if it no matter how many rules you have to break or who gets hurt, huh? That's the ends justifies the means and it seems to be rampant in society not just baseball.

It's me first, either come along for the ride or you'll get left behind.

Wow. High horse much?

Who is hurt (other than yourself) from taking steroids?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There has been more than one story of kids in high school going down that road and it ending badly. How about the rules being broken though, that ok?

I'm just not going to get high and mighty on a guy doing what he can to take advantage of his one chance to make a lot of money by taking a substance that may or may not be bad for them. People have done many things throughout baseball history to gain an advantage, but for some reason the media has declared that this one is by far the worst. Not to mention that the folks in charge basically turned a blind eye to it for a long time because it was to their advantage to have guys breaking HR records.

I don't want to take anything away from the guys who cheated because they're still among then best ever despite cheating. But I hate the fact that their records are in reachable not because no one will be as good as them, but rather because they cheated.

To me, those guys should be in the HoF because they would have been good enough to make it without cheating. They're records on the other hand, they would not have had they not cheated.

So, because guys were breaking records that makes it ok? Great argument. You can call it high and mighty, but I coach HS baseball players and I want them making choices they will be able to live with later on.

It's weak and greedy if nothing else for some of these guys to take advantage" as you call it. Like I said before, to me the ends shouldn't justify the means.

So, because guys were breaking records that makes it ok? Great argument. You can call it high and mighty, but I coach HS baseball players and I want them making choices they will be able to live with later on.

It's weak and greedy if nothing else for some of these guys to take advantage" as you call it. Like I said before, to me the ends shouldn't justify the means.

Yeah, that's what I said. Try reading, then responding.

Anyway, I'm not saying they weren't wrong. I'm just not going to demonize them for it, especially the ones taking these substances that aren't/weren't illegal or forbidden by MLB.

How could anyone consider 73 the record? Honestly please share your reasoning. How is someone cheating suddenly cobsidered legit? Thats like me having 2 aces up my sleeve at the final table of the world series of poker and still being considered champion even though every knew I had aces up my sleeve that were used directly to beat my competition. Theres no reasonable argument anyone can make againt 61 being the real recors.

How could anyone consider 73 the record? Honestly please share your reasoning. How is someone cheating suddenly cobsidered legit? Thats like me having 2 aces up my sleeve at the final table of the world series of poker and still being considered champion even though every knew I had aces up my sleeve that were used directly to beat my competition. Theres no reasonable argument anyone can make againt 61 being the real recors.

I guess the comparable reasoning would be that other players at all the tables also had hidden cards.

Yeah, that's what I said. Try reading, then responding.

Anyway, I'm not saying they weren't wrong. I'm just not going to demonize them for it, especially the ones taking these substances that aren't/weren't illegal or forbidden by MLB.

I'm reading, you try the same. Where did I say that guys who were using but not being tested should be punished? If someone used before there was testing and felt fine then that is their personal choice. I would say it's a bad choice for your health and it is now and has been against the rules of MLB.

The steroid era of baseball was/is unfortunate, but it's in the record books and there's no changing that. For Davis' sake, if he hits 62 I hope he doesn't try to crown himself or anything. Bonds is the champ, for better or worse.

Archived