Valencia coming up (Update: Urrutia as well)

LookitsPuck

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Reimold to the DL. How does that conversation go?

DD: Well, Nolan, we really don't want to lose you to another team, but you suck, so you can't play with the big club anymore, how about we say your hammy is stinging again?

NR: Sure, sounds great.....but, then what?

DD: Crinkling paper on the phone....what's that, Nolan, you there? Think I am losing you... click.

Seriously, a 15 day DL doesn't really solve the problem right? I guess, maybe it is a chance to see how Henry does and then bring Nolan back, but then we have two right handed DH's?

I'd DFA Reimold and option/DFA Dickerson and bring up Valencia and Urrutia.
I wonder how many player we would have left if just dumped on the market. Let me remember... Tillman would be gone,Bmat,Riemold,Tommy Hunter, Strop, Jakie Jakie,Ryan and Britton and that is just what I can remember.

Re: Reimold to the DL. How does that conversation go?

DD: Well, Nolan, we really don't want to lose you to another team, but you suck, so you can't play with the big club anymore, how about we say your hammy is stinging again?

NR: Sure, sounds great.....but, then what?

DD: Crinkling paper on the phone....what's that, Nolan, you there? Think I am losing you... click.

Seriously, a 15 day DL doesn't really solve the problem right? I guess, maybe it is a chance to see how Henry does and then bring Nolan back, but then we have two right handed DH's?

September 1 is in the near future.

I just want the guy to stay within himself. I almost said ' kid' but he really isn't. How about rookie? A .750 OPS to start out would be nice.

Valencia should have never been sent down. Reimold wasn't ready and I've seen nothing to indicate he'll be a help to us in the future.

Were it up to me:

Mclouth - LF

Machado - 3B

Markakis - RF

----LH----

Jones - CF

Davis - 1B

Valencia - DH

----RH----

Davis - 1B

Jones - CF

Urrutia - DH

----------

Wieters - C

Hardy - SS

Roberts - 2B

Flaherty, Snyder, Pearce

What point are you trying to make?
We the fans always want to dump players. I just think that trades are the way to go. I remember when we dumped Alfredo Simone. Yes, he was a PR nightmare but dumped? I mean we could have gotten a bag of balls at least. The biggest problem I have with the Reimold affair is that his growth was stunted by personal issues and then by letting PIE PLAY OVER HIM. Pie!? That is not completely fair. He is made of glass.

Were it up to me:

Mclouth - LF

Machado - 3B

Markakis - RF

----LH----

Jones - CF

Davis - 1B

Valencia - DH

----RH----

Davis - 1B

Jones - CF

Urrutia - DH

----------

Wieters - C

Hardy - SS

Roberts - 2B

Flaherty, Snyder, Pearce

Not bad, but I'd flip Hardy and Wieters. Wieters should be as far down the lineup as we can move him at this point. And I like Matt.

Archived