Valencia coming up (Update: Urrutia as well)

LookitsPuck

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From Roch:

Hearing that roster move is coming for #orioles. Danny Valencia no longer with Norfolk. Will be in Texas.

My guess: Reimold is headed back to DL. Out of options, perhaps hamstring bothering him again. #orioles

Didn't know Nolan was hurting.

according to the B-Sun.

Nolan Reimold is headed back to the disabled list with a recurrence of the neck pain that forced him to miss nearly all of last season.

Well, that's not good. Reimold had spinal fusion surgery last year in hopes to correct the issue, and while it appeared to work for a while, he's obviously having problems again. The outfielder has played just 56 games since the start of last season and hasn’t played more than 87 games in a season since his rookie year back in 2009. It's not clear whether surgery is again on the table.

So what about just putting Reimold straight on the 60 day dl and then using that 40 man spot? Can they do that? I think the best option is to just DFA him.

Not sure if you are allowed to DFA an injured player. Could be wrong though.

So what about just putting Reimold straight on the 60 day dl and then using that 40 man spot? Can they do that? I think the best option is to just DFA him.

You could put him straight on the 60 Day if you need the 40 man roster spot and you think he is done for the year. Too late to DFA him now, though he will definitely be one of the first DFA's after the season.

Archived