Trade rumors heat up...

Tony-OH

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Seattle trade really needs to include Clement, IMO. Jones, Clement, Tillman and Sherill/Chen is a lot better package than Jones, Tillman, Sherill, and Chen.

Glad to see we're not taking Gallagher, Marshall, and Cedeno right now for Roberts. They need to include Murton for that to be a good deal for us.

Interesting read. If we are expanding the Cubs trade that could have an impact in a lot of other areas. Are we trying to include a bad contract like Payton or Huff? Trading off some of our own prospects to get other Cubs prospects we're more interested in? How does that impact what we want from the Mariners? Interestinger and interestinger.

The Seattle trade really needs to include Clement, IMO. Jones, Clement, Tillman and Sherill/Chen is a lot better package than Jones, Tillman, Sherill, and Chen.

Glad to see we're not taking Gallagher, Marshall, and Cedeno right now for Roberts. They need to include Murton for that to be a good deal for us.

And, Chen wasn't even included in the deal mentioned. I'd have a hard time refusing those four, though, if that's what finally came down as their best offer- unless someone else jumps in with a better deal, just don't see it at this point if the Reds won't give up Bruce.

Are the rumors really "heating up?" Seems to me every day its another rumor involving the Cubs and Mariners.

Honest to God, I wish I had the willpower to stay away from the message board for a few days and just let things settle down. I consider myself a very patient person but now the constant rumors that deals are close to happening are driving me nuts.

I like Jones, Sherrill and Tillman but we'd need a pretty good fourth piece to do that deal.

Are the rumors really "heating up?" Seems to me every day its another rumor involving the Cubs and Mariners.

Honest to God, I wish I had the willpower to stay away from the message board for a few days and just let things settle down. I consider myself a very patient person but now the constant rumors that deals are close to happening are driving me nuts.

I like Jones, Sherrill and Tillman but we'd need a pretty good fourth piece to do that deal.

My eyes are getting sore staring at the computer.

I also tried last night to completely ignore the site. It worked for about one hour. Then I thought "Maybe something is happening" and I looked. I think sleeping is the only real break I am getting. I'm tired.

Archived