Garza just got scratched from tonights game

jjdman

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The scouting report said Grimm had the potential to be a mid-rotation starter. Hasn't that been what Arrieta's potential has been for all these years. Grimm is 24 and Arrieta is 26.

That has been Arrieta's potential but he has also failed miserably in every chance he has been given in the majors. Potential only means so much when you become a change of scenery guy.

According to K. Law, coming into the season:

Schoop was ranked at #50

Olt was ranked at #71

Olt is 24 at AAA

Schoop is 21 at AAA

Olt, 24, entered the season as the No. 22 prospect in baseball according to both Baseball America and MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo. I read that part of the link below, knew Schoop wasn't rated that high.

According to K. Law, coming into the season:

Schoop was ranked at #50

Olt was ranked at #71

Olt is 24 at AAA

Schoop is 21 at AAA

Olt isn't having a great season there either, I think he's batting near the Mendoza line with 11 homers and 30 some RBI's with a .740 OPS. He may well end up as a ballplayer, but he's lost some luster.

Jake didnt "fail miserably in every chance he's been given in the majors." He pitched some really good games.Lets be fair. He failed overall, but not

EVERY time he was given a chance. Dont kick a guy when he's down, even after he left this organization.In fact, I hope he becomes a great pitcher

in the National League, but never pitches against us.

You are arguing semantics, really? Every time he was in the majors, he failed overall. He doesn't have a single good season in the majors. And how is it kicking a guy when he is down. His tenure in Baltimore was terrible. There is no sugar coating that.

You are arguing semantics, really? Every time he was in the majors, he failed overall. He doesn't have a single good season in the majors. And how is it kicking a guy when he is down. His tenure in Baltimore was terrible. There is no sugar coating that.

Gotta agree with that, no matter who you are.

Well, the Rangers got him, and this was his first outing since being acquired by them.

0 earned runs over 7.33 innings.

MATT GARZA O (vs. YANKEES, 7/24) *

IP:. 7.33 O(WIN)

H:o 5

R:O 1

ER:)0

BB: 0

SO: 5

Pitches: 95 (66 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2012 ERA: 2.99 OO 0.00 (RANGERS) OO 3.17 (CUBS)

* Garza's Career Debut for the Rangers

Jake didnt "fail miserably in every chance he's been given in the majors." He pitched some really good games.Lets be fair. He failed overall, but not

EVERY time he was given a chance. Dont kick a guy when he's down, even after he left this organization.In fact, I hope he becomes a great pitcher

in the National League, but never pitches against us.

Let's not only be fair but honest and consistent too. Arrieta was a great disappointment. No, he didn't fail every time, but he was given more chances than he deserved. As a fellow TCU alum it really pains me to point this out but it's true. I also hope he finds success in the NL, but the Orioles needn't look back and nor should the rest of us IMO.

Archived