NOW you can complain about the situational hitting

Frobby

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just don't have that mind set for situational hitting and we never had. We rely a lot on the home runs and it hurt us tonight.

Markakis was marvelous getting on base and AJ was AMAZING stretching that into a triple...all for nothing.

Very disappointed in that Davis AB. It's making me have a knot in my stomach about the rest of his season.

He can't always deliver, but while he's not delivering he can at least can the Roger Maris / Barry Bonds comments..he's gotten too much exposure over the last month and he is in danger of becoming 2012 Chris Davis again. IMO

Davis has lost his easy swing. He's swinging out of his shoes for some reason. He's abandoned the approach that has made him so successful. He's really taking huge rips instead of the easy swing on the ball.

I know he homered like 4 straight games or something before the ASG but I haven't liked his approach at ALL for the past month. I miss April/May Chris Davis.

Just throw him heat inside or high and inside and you will get him out.

I look back at that HR he hit against McGee on Opening Day and think, man...where is that guy?

I really hate seeing Davis in clutch at bats. He can't be relied on to put the ball in play. There's just at bats where you know that he has no shot. That at bat ruined the whole game. After that you just knew they weren't going to score.

This teams hitting with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs is absolutely pathetic. People can bring up the stats all they want to, but I don't see anyway you can debate it. They're terrible in clutch situations like tonight but can hit all day when the games out of hand.

Davis has lost his easy swing. He's swinging out of his shoes for some reason. He's abandoned the approach that has made him so successful. He's really taking huge rips instead of the easy swing on the ball.

Exactly, you gotta wonder about the home run derby, torn callus or whatever, but he is out of sync.

So here is my guess. Given how many of the posters here

hate the bunt, JJ hitting away was a better decision than a

squeeze once CD struck out in his last AB. I know JJ has

power and can loft the ball but he also hits many ground balls,given his pull happy swing. Oh well.

Gotta give Holland credit, he bore down in the clutch and

made the pitches he needed to. Just wish we had hit Chen.

Still mystifying how he gets outs. I thought he was done

when he left the O's.

I know he homered like 4 straight games or something before the ASG but I haven't liked his approach at ALL for the past month. I miss April/May Chris Davis.

Just throw him heat inside or high and inside and you will get him out.

I look back at that HR he hit against McGee on Opening Day and think, man...where is that guy?

He just hit an opposite field double last night. That guy has gone nowhere.

Archived