NOW you can complain about the situational hitting

Frobby

Not really that upset about this loss. O's have been on a tear but obviously we weren't going to win every game from here on out. Glad to see the O's fight back in the ninth even if they came up short. Go get 'em tomorrow.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know he homered like 4 straight games or something before the ASG but I haven't liked his approach at ALL for the past month. I miss April/May Chris Davis.

Just throw him heat inside or high and inside and you will get him out.

I look back at that HR he hit against McGee on Opening Day and think, man...where is that guy?

Not sure if serious...

OK, I'm sure: this obviously isn't serious.

So here is my guess. Given how many of the posters here

hate the bunt, JJ hitting away was a better decision than a

squeeze once CD struck out in his last AB. I know JJ has

power and can loft the ball but he also hits many ground balls,given his pull happy swing. Oh well.

Gotta give Holland credit, he bore down in the clutch and

made the pitches he needed to. Just wish we had hit Chen.

Still mystifying how he gets outs. I thought he was done

when he left the O's.

This team can't bunt, can't manufacture runs. It is homers or nothing.

I really hate seeing Davis in clutch at bats. He can't be relied on to put the ball in play. There's just at bats where you know that he has no shot. That at bat ruined the whole game. After that you just knew they weren't going to score.

This teams hitting with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs is absolutely pathetic. People can bring up the stats all they want to, but I don't see anyway you can debate it. They're terrible in clutch situations like tonight but can hit all day when the games out of hand.

Ah, good to see the king of hyperbole is back in action.

To the people who say the Homerun Derby ruined him...hes batting .285 and is 6-21 since the ASB...yeah hes pressing..but unless you consider a slump "Not hitting a homerun for 5 days", hes not doing particularly bad.

Edit* Forgot to put in stats from today lol

This team can't bunt, can't manufacture runs. It is homers or nothing.

For the 1087th time, this is simply not true. As of several weeks ago (I haven't checked recently), the O's, Red Sox and Cardinals were the only teams with winning records when they didn't homer.

We've all been playing/coaching/watching baseball for years now. Decades even. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it on here. I realize it was a very frustrating game and ninth inning. Tying run on third with no outs and we don't score. Immediately you see people saying things like "a playoff team gets that run in." We all know baseball as well as anyone and we should all know that things like this happen in baseball all the time! Even to playoff teams! It pisses me off to no end how much people over react when things like this happen. Nothing is handed to you in the game of baseball! Sometimes you're not going to get the tying run in and sometimes you're going to lose games to Bruce Chen. THAT'S BASEBALL! The sooner we all acknowledge this the better off the board will be. I realize people are venting after a tough loss but still.

Not really that upset about this loss. O's have been on a tear but obviously we weren't going to win every game from here on out. Glad to see the O's fight back in the ninth even if they came up short. Go get 'em tomorrow.

Tampa wins 11 in a row, 17 out of nineteen and we can't win a sixth game in a row against Bruce effing Chen and once again third base nobody out and can't score. God, I hate Rick Dempsey, he is such a dope sometimes.

You're kidding right? Holland has converted 17 saves in a row, throws 96-100 and has a knee buckling splitter and slider. It ain't as easy as it looks. Jones did a great job on the get me over 1st strike breaker and Nick survived long enough to line the single. I'm not sure what your problem with Hardy or Urrutia is and Davis got behind 0-2 when he got beat by two fastballs. Sometimes you give a little credit to the pitcher. I'm disappointed but not angry. BTW, that's not really the right play by Jones with no outs. If he doesn't make it, it's a terrible play and he just barely made it.

Greg Holland is close to what Kimbrel was two years ago. 11 walks and 61 strikeouts in 37 innings. A 0.89 WHIP. We did better than most.

Voice of reason.

This teams hitting with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs is absolutely pathetic. People can bring up the stats all they want to, but I don't see anyway you can debate it. They're terrible in clutch situations like tonight but can hit all day when the games out of hand.

You really couldn't be more wrong on this.

Orioles' OPS with a runner at third and less than two outs: .845.

Orioles' overall OPS: .767

The Orioles are a much better hitting team with a runner at third and less than two outs than they are overall.

He just hit an opposite field double last night. That guy has gone nowhere.

Yes, he has. I never said he was lost every at bat. That double was a great at bat with a great approach. He kept his weight back, let it get deep, and drove it the other way. In April and May he was having that approach almost every at bat. The past month or so, he has had this approach about 25% of the time, if that.

He's still going to hit a home run every now and then with his old approach, but he's not going to be the Chris Davis we saw in the first half. And we need that to get into the playoffs.

You're kidding right? Holland has converted 17 saves in a row, throws 96-100 and has a knee buckling splitter and slider. It ain't as easy as it looks. Jones did a great job on the get me over 1st strike breaker and Nick survived long enough to line the single. I'm not sure what your problem with Hardy or Urrutia is and Davis got behind 0-2 when he got beat by two fastballs. Sometimes you give a little credit to the pitcher. I'm disappointed but not angry. BTW, that's not really the right play by Jones with no outs. If he doesn't make it, it's a terrible play and he just barely made it.

Greg Holland is close to what Kimbrel was two years ago. 11 walks and 61 strikeouts in 37 innings. A 0.89 WHIP. We did better than most.

It really doesn't matter. You should score with a man on 3rd and no outs 100% of the time regardless of the pitcher. If you don't score the hitters should be ashamed of themselves.

If it was 2 outs, or even 1 out against Holland then fine. But that run needs to score. Davis and Hardy should be embarrassed by their at bats.

Oh and this is like the 5th time it's happened since the AS break. You can't always score with 1 out, but with 0 outs in that situation...

Is it me or does Hardy hardly ever get the runner in with a man on third with less than two outs? A sac fly would be wonderful every once in a while.

It's just you. Before tonight, Hardy was successful getting the runner in from 3B with less than two out 59% of the time, compared to league average of 51%.

Archived