NOW you can complain about the situational hitting

Frobby

It really doesn't matter. You should score with a man on 3rd and no outs 100% of the time regardless of the pitcher. If you don't score the hitters should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't know how else to say this, but...you don't know much about how baseball works, do you?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to agree with the over exposure. It doesn't suit our ballclub. That kind of stuff is for Jones, not Davis. He has to relax out there and forget about hitting 60 home runs.

Yeah, he should have only hit 15 home runs in the first half. That way, he wouldn't get so much exposure from the media.

IMO, if you get "lucky" enough to get a leadoff single and triple and have the game tying run on third with NO OUTS against a dominant closer like Holland, then find a way to squeeze him in with your next two hitters. Obviously CD is a bad choice to do it, but JJ could have.

I really hate seeing Davis in clutch at bats. He can't be relied on to put the ball in play. There's just at bats where you know that he has no shot. That at bat ruined the whole game. After that you just knew they weren't going to score.

This teams hitting with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs is absolutely pathetic. People can bring up the stats all they want to, but I don't see anyway you can debate it. They're terrible in clutch situations like tonight but can hit all day when the games out of hand.

Seriously can we stop this kind of crap?! It sucks to lose but let's stop pulling things out of our ass. Davis has like a 1200 ops in runners on/RISP situations. I mean think about it man. There's a reason why the guy has 97 rbis.

Hardy's AB bothers me more than Davis'. Davis can't hit upper-90's fastballs, but Hardy missed a good one to hit 0-1.

Frustrating, but it's onto the next one.

That was the one that bothered me. That was the pitch to do the job and JJ missed it. It's a tough game, but they didn't get it done tonight.

Ah, good to see the king of hyperbole is back in action.

That at bat did ruin the game... You can not strike out in that situation. Davis needed to jump on the 1st pitch because he's toast against strikeout pitchers when he gets to 2 strikes against him.

We've all been playing/coaching/watching baseball for years now. Decades even. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it on here. I realize it was a very frustrating game and ninth inning. Tying run on third with no outs and we don't score. Immediately you see people saying things like "a playoff team gets that run in." We all know baseball as well as anyone and we should all know that things like this happen in baseball all the time! Even to playoff teams! It pisses me off to no end how much people over react when things like this happen. Nothing is handed to you in the game of baseball! Sometimes you're not going to get the tying run in and sometimes you're going to lose games to Bruce Chen. THAT'S BASEBALL! The sooner we all acknowledge this the better off the board will be. I realize people are venting after a tough loss but still.

Oh and the team just won 5 games in a row.

I don't know how else to say this, but...you don't know much about how baseball works, do you?

I know plenty about baseball and he's almost right. With the tying run in the 9th on 3rd with 0 outs, there really isn't an excuse for not getting that runner in. There are multiple options.

It really doesn't matter. You should score with a man on 3rd and no outs 100% of the time regardless of the pitcher. If you don't score the hitters should be ashamed of themselves.

If it was 2 outs, or even 1 out against Holland then fine. But that run needs to score. Davis and Hardy should be embarrassed by their at bats.

Oh and this is like the 5th time it's happened since the AS break. You can't always score with 1 out, but with 0 outs in that situation...

The AL average in that situation is 51%. Not 100%. I'm frustrated tonight, but you have to be realistic in your expectations. The O's were at 54% going into tonight.

I just don't know what you guys consider situational hitting. You think ML players can hit a fly ball to medium deep outfield against a pitcher like Holland at will? As for Davis going to LF, he got busted inside with two 95+ mph fastballs. Tough to go the other way on those.

Yeah, the 0-1 pitch to Hardy was the best opportunity but it was still upper-90's outer third. I'm disappointed but I also tip my cap to Escobar for saving a run.

I just don't know what you guys consider situational hitting. You think ML players can hit a fly ball to medium deep outfield against a pitcher like Holland at will? As for Davis going to LF, he got busted inside with two 95+ mph fastballs. Tough to go the other way on those.

No one said he was supposed to go to LF every at bat or that particular at bat in general. I think it would be rather ludicrous of anyone to expect him to hit to LF the rest of the season.

I know plenty about baseball and he's almost right. With the tying run in the 9th on 3rd with 0 outs, there really isn't an excuse for not getting that runner in. There are multiple options.

No team in baseball history has ever scored 100% of runners from third with less than two outs. That's just a ridiculous assertion, the kind that would be made by someone who's never watched baseball before.

Archived