Jim Palmer: "Get this team a DH."

weams

Slammed was an over statement. I think one thing that nobody knows, is if he's going to hit. He might, he might not. I would much rather have a proven MLB bat at the DH spot right now, unfortunately, we don't have one in house, and it would be hard for Henry to do worse than the rest of the DH's we've been running out there. I will predict his OPS if he gets consistent AB's won't come near .800, though. Thats just my opinion, I'm not on the Henry wagon, this year anyway. I think he needs to develop.

You've got a solid argument, though, all things considered esp the costs to bring in a pro DH - I believe that Henry will fit the bill- and fit it well. He ain't a fielder, good base runner, nor is he fast, but what he can do is hit. I'm on the Henry wagon; yeah count me in. A lot of folks thought the same of Manny when he came up -right?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've got a solid argument, though, all things considered esp the costs to bring in a pro DH - I believe that Henry will fit the bill- and fit it well. He ain't a fielder, good base runner, nor is he fast, but what he can do is hit. I'm on the Henry wagon; yeah count me in. A lot of folks thought the same of Manny when he came up -right?

Manny at least was widely thought of as an elite talent, a superstar type ceiling. Urrutia was signed for less that 1M dollars, and I've yet to see a single evaluator who thinks he's going to be a real impact type hitter.

Manny at least was widely thought of as an elite talent, a superstar type ceiling. Urrutia was signed for less that 1M dollars, and I've yet to see a single evaluator who thinks he's going to be a real impact type hitter.

Yeah, that's a good point; he was highly touted and turned out in all aspects of the definition the superstar everyone thought he would be - true! Hope we can get 3/4s of the that batting talent in Henry

Yeah, that's a good point; he was highly touted and turned out in all aspects of the definition the superstar everyone thought he would be - true! Hope we can get 3/4s of the that batting talent in Henry

Yeah, I'm rooting for him, I really am. He seems like a great kid and I hope to hell he can hit!

Yeah, I'm rooting for him, I really am. He seems like a great kid and I hope to hell he can hit!

Honestly, if he becomes a regular (Buck obviously determines that stint of time), as in the actual Designated Hitter regardless of whether the pitcher be lefty or righty; I think we will be in for a good show of his abilities

We aren't rushing Henry. He is 26. He has nothing to prove in the minors. He has been hitting a lot better than Hoes. The other day Palmer compared him to George Brett.

Yeah, because less than one full year of professional ball in the States and he has nothing left to learn down there (sarcasm).

Yeah, because less than one full year of professional ball in the States and he has nothing left to learn down there (sarcasm).

He doesn't. I don't know how you can argue about that. Maybe we should send Machado and Markakis to triple A as they never got a chance to experience it.

I don't know, I guess it's just me, but I watch his AB and he really looks like a professional hitter. He knows what he is doing, has really good swings. The numbers at this point are meaningless even though they are good. You just have to give him some AB and see how he adjusts. Tonight his AB looked better to me than Manny's or Davis or Hardy's.

Who told you he's not a fielder? You alone are privy to some scouting report the rest of us don't have? He isn't playing RF or any position for us because we have every OF position covered right now but he IS a good fielder. I'm sick of posting the same damn article to make that point. Look it up. Gary Kendall, his manager at AA said he looked very good in RF. That doesn't sound like he's a bad fielder. No offense but I'll take his word over yours.

Who told you he's not a fielder? You alone are privy to some scouting report the rest of us don't have? He isn't playing RF or any position for us because we have every OF position covered right now but he IS a good fielder. I'm sick of posting the same damn article to make that point. Look it up. Gary Kendall, his manager at AA said he looked very good in RF. That doesn't sound like he's a bad fielder. No offense but I'll take his word over yours.

Same scouts who spoke regarding his hitting said he was a 1b that wouldn't kill his team in an OF corner.

Archived