Morale is probably at a season low right now

calmunderfire

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't this like the THIRD "season morale is at a low" thread you have made?

Good God man, you have the constitution of an elderly matron in a Jane Austen novel.

Maybe each time his morale is at actually at it's lowest point or maybe he's just not that aware of how low his morale can actually go? ;)

Morale for the team is fine.

Morale for the OH is plummeting like a sack of lead. Because we all see the worrisome trends with Machado and Davis. Morale hinges squarely on those two guys, IMO. It's bad right now.

They have not been good of late and no one else has stepped up. Unfortunately these ebbs and flows occur during a long season and the teams that end up in the playoffs find ways to limit those ebbs as much as possible. The good news is the pitching has been pretty decent and if Buck doesn't blow the game the other night we would have been 5-2 and most people would have been feeling pretty good about that road trip.

But, sometimes these things happens and the last time I checked, we are just four games back and get to play the Red Sox at home this weekend. If we win two of three we'll be just three games back with two months to go. Not a bad place to be if you ask me.

I swear I feel like some people are rooting for this team to fail.

The Baltimore Inferiority Complex rears its ugly head again.

Its likely a complex you have that would make you think this. I'm pretty sure we all want them to win, but there is nothing wrong with looking at the team objectively and pointing out the warts, of which there are plenty lately.

I think this calmunderfire guy is a not-quite-as-obvious-as-some troll and unfortunately people started replying to him. That said, just in case he's not, I can't imagine morale would be especially low right now. This isn't even really a low ebb, we just lost a few games, still had a decent roadtrip, and now we get out shot at the champs in our house.

Like Tony said, 2/3 would leave us 3 back, and we play the mariners and astros next week so should pick up at least another game.

Well speaking for myself, morale is at a season low right now.

It's good to see you're calmly handling this desperate and trying time. But since we've gone from giddy highs to suicidal lows in about 72 hours, maybe all you need is a couple days to get back in the saddle again.

It's good to see you're calmly handling this desperate and trying time. But since we've gone from giddy highs to suicidal lows in about 72 hours, maybe all you need is a couple days to get back in the saddle again.

My name doesn't suggest that I'm a calm person in temperament. It notifies people that I'm a clear thinker in the eye of the storm. I'm able to process information under any circumstance.

Its likely a complex you have that would make you think this. I'm pretty sure we all want them to win, but there is nothing wrong with looking at the team objectively and pointing out the warts, of which there are plenty lately.

You take my not caring about the warts as ignoring them.

Every team has warts, our warts have not stopped us from winning many more games than we lose. The pitching warts were things to worry about. I am not worried about Davis and Machado.

I am not worried about them because, well, there is nothing I can do about it. Maybe they turn it around and continue their record breaking seasons. Maybe they fall off the table and OPS at .500 a piece for the rest of the year. Realistically, they play better than they have been recently, but not quite as good as they were.

The Rays will not be able to keep this level of production up for the rest of the season. They are going to have to start playing teams with winning records again. The Yankees look to be fading away slowly. The Orioles just need to keep doing what they have been doing all year through all sorts of troubles.

My name doesn't suggest that I'm a calm person in temperament. It notifies people that I'm a clear thinker in the eye of the storm. I'm able to process information under any circumstance.

This made me literally giggle. I don't have any problems with you because you don't break board rules and are allowed any opinion you want around here, but even you have to see the irony in this statement.

Archived