David Ortiz-I hate you

Flacco Machado

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He should get arrested for vandalism.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not only that, but what if a piece of that had flown off and seriously hurt another player? Or the bat boy? Can you imagine the lawsuit on that? What a freakin' ass! He should be suspended.

Beyond that, he almost hit Pedroia both with debris from the phone and when he threw the bat. Not that I like Pedroia much either, but he could have hurt another player as well.

Something's up, because he got a little more than wound up or aggravated. Once a roid user...

So what happened?

Went absolutely ballistic after striking out and arguing with the ump. Argued from the dugout, threw stuff on the field, got thrown out of the game, and then proceeded to take a bat to the bullpen phone, nearly hitting Pedroia. Debris flying everywhere.

On the radio they speculated the pitch may have been called a strike because he stepped out of the box before the pitch arrived. Did anybody else see it that way?

I think that might have been the reason also, but its been a pretty bad strike zone all night.

On the radio they speculated the pitch may have been called a strike because he stepped out of the box before the pitch arrived. Did anybody else see it that way?

Yes, without question. He was showboating and paid for it. Umps don't like that garbage.

He was taunting Asencio by heading to first as Jairo was throwing the ball on a 3-0 count. Essentially.I am exaggerating slightly. Pitch was high, but Ortiz was standing up full tallness at the time expanding his zone.The umpire was having none of his tomfoolery and called it a strike. The next pitch was also questionable, but with the way Ortiz was telling him off, it was called a strike too. When Jairo caught him with a splitfinger that he swung over, Roid rage took over.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The Rule 5 play is revisionist at best. The Orioles 40 man was pretty tight with our potentially injured pitchers and the fact that Holiday was near his shot.    As it was, the bullpen had very little maneuverability and adding another piece that couldn’t go up and down makes it easy to understand why we didn’t pick one. 
    • I don’t know if the O’s will be able to fix Honeycutt or not, but it’s worth the risk.  He seems like he’s likely to make the majors even if he can’t really be fixed, and could be a well above average starter if he can be fixed to a decent degree.  I’m not usually someone who likes guys with a poor hit tool, but at 22 this was a good gamble.  
    • Occasionally, though, you strike gold, and you get a Ryan 'Flash' Godflaherty. 🤩
    • Yeah, I don't understand. We have: the #1 farm system with 2 prospects in the top 5 and 3 in the top 15 the #1 rated prospect three years in a row (possibly 4 if Basallo goes off in the 2nd half) the best record in the AL 4 All-Stars including the AS starting pitcher better depth of position players than any team in baseball a new owner whose indicated he'll spend to improve the team and who is clearly a huge baseball fan and not a dick last years AL manager of the year a legit top 2 MVP candidate who is under team control for years to come the best closer in baseball (unfortunately injured) the best ballpark in baseball (I'm biased, but sue me) at least 5 players performing at or near All-Star levels who were castoffs from other teams (Santander, O'Hearn, Cano, Webb, Coulombe) two legit ACE / #1 starter candidates under multi-year team control (G-Rod, Bradish) at least a 5 year championship window, and possibly a 10 year window if things break our way one of the best GMs in the game one of the lowest payrolls in the game, giving ownership the ability to spend to improve the club And I'm sure I'm missing some other positives. What the hell do people want?
    • Yea because nothing says need for pitching than adding a failed MiLer who has likely not gotten past AA and is a project.
    • Shrug.  Most Rule 5 picks either don’t make it or have mediocre careers.   Last year we picked a pitcher from the Red Sox who didn’t make our club and still hasn’t played in the majors now.  You hear about the few guys who carve out decent careers or contribute for a year or two, but most of them don’t.  
    • I don’t believe in Ben Rice.  He was a mid-level prospect who jumped from AA to the majors due to exigent circumstances.   He’s outperformed expectations by a lot his first time around the league, but I expect teams to figure him out and exploit him.  
  • Popular Contributors