David Ortiz-I hate you

Flacco Machado

He was taunting Asencio by heading to first as Jairo was throwing the ball on a 3-0 count. Essentially.I am exaggerating slightly. Pitch was high, but Ortiz was standing up full tallness at the time expanding his zone.The umpire was having none of his tomfoolery and called it a strike. The next pitch was also questionable, but with the way Ortiz was telling him off, it was called a strike too. When Jairo caught him with a splitfinger that he swung over, Roid rage took over.
They said on the radio the rule is it's an automatic called strike if the batter steps out of the box.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the Red Sox are winning again, it didn't take long for all of those privileged prima donna's to complain about every gosh darn ball and strike call! Shamelessly at that!

Can the umps please start throwing them out regularly so they can learn it is not allowed!

And oh, by the way, Ortiz is a big fat baby who cries and throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his way.

I think I actually HATE that team.

Ortiz is an idiot, but didn't our center fielder just throw a bat down the tunnel at Yankee Stadium three weeks ago? That was just as dumb and dangerous.

But if I was Pedroia or anyone in that dugout, I would be livid with Ortiz. Can you imagine if some plastic shrapnel hit someone in the eye or someone got hit in the head with the bat?

I find it also funny that he had to be physically restrained by his teammates. What was he going to do, beat up an old man?

That guy is out of his head. Can the league just suspend him already?

I like that Pedroia got in his face about it. Ortiz was inches from hitting him with the bat and debris. What a scene.

Ortiz is an idiot, but didn't our center fielder just throw a bat down the tunnel at Yankee Stadium three weeks ago? That was just as dumb and dangerous.

But if I was Pedroia or anyone in that dugout, I would be livid with Ortiz. Can you imagine if some plastic shrapnel hit someone in the eye or someone got hit in the head with the bat?

Different from being in a crowded dugout in the middle of a game, repeatedly showing up the ump, ignoring his teammates, and strutting his silliness for a whole stadium to view.

Different from being in a crowded dugout in the middle of a game, repeatedly showing up the ump, ignoring his teammates, and strutting his silliness for a whole stadium to view.

For some reason it seems to make a difference to me that AJ was angry at himself, not feeling the aggression toward someone else. I am assuming he was angry at himself anyway, I didn't see the incident.

Archived