David Ortiz-I hate you

Flacco Machado

For some reason it seems to make a difference to me that AJ was angry at himself, not feeling the aggression toward someone else. I am assuming he was angry at himself anyway, I didn't see the incident.

Yes, you're right, that's the most important difference.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLB should suspend and fine him for his pathetic actions tonight. Can you imagine what children watching at the game and on TV thought of his out of control antics? Pedroia could have been injured by flying glass and someone else standing nearby in uniform could have been hit by his bat. He also threw a punch in the air with his manager trying to restrain him. He almost hit him. Ugly, embarrassing display by one of their star players. Something has happened to him the last few years and he seems to have a short fuse when things don't go his way. I wonder why? Ginseng?, HGH?, B12?

If an Oriole player did what Ortiz did tonight in our dugout I think Buck would want the player removed from his roster. Can you picture Buck over in the Red Sox dugout tonight trying to control Ortiz? On the postgame interview Buck would not touch this subject when it was raised by a writer. He said it's their issue or matter and would not talk about it.

MLB should suspend and fine him for his pathetic actions tonight. Can you imagine what children watching at the game and on TV thought of his out of control antics? Pedroia could have been injured by flying glass and someone else standing nearby in uniform could have been hit by his bat. He also threw a punch in the air with his manager trying to restrain him. He almost hit him. Ugly, embarrassing display by one of their star players. Something has happened to him the last few years and he seems to have a short fuse when things don't go his way. I wonder why? Ginseng?, HGH?, B12?

If an Oriole player did what Ortiz did tonight in our dugout I think Buck would want the player removed from his roster. Can you picture Buck over in the Red Sox dugout tonight trying to control Ortiz? On the postgame interview Buck would not touch this subject when it was raised by a writer. He said it's their issue or matter and would not talk about it.

If you encourage your children to embrace athletes as role models, you are a lousy parent, indeed. Athletes are grown up babies with spectacular physical talent. They are to be cherished for their amazing accomplishments. As for who they are as human beings... bleh.

If you encourage your children to embrace athletes as role models, you are a lousy parent, indeed. Athletes are grown up babies with spectacular physical talent. They are to be cherished for their amazing accomplishments. As for who they are as human beings... bleh.

Cal was my role model and idol.

Just watching his post game interview.

Said he has 17 years in the league and doesn't deserve to be disrespected like that by having those pitches called strikes Said if you wanna get respect from the player, you have to respect the player. Where was his respect for Ascencio? Also said neither of the pitches were strikes, asked why he would call those. Said he doesn't snap everyday, that there is a reason people snap. Now he looks like a bad guy, he's not a bad guy, just out there trying to do his job and the umpire took his at bat away from him. Said he don't pitch, doesn't play defense, that the umpires not going to take his ab away like that.

I don't have any children but there are a lot who go to games with their parents. Players today are not role models but there was a time when players like Brooks Robinson were and parents even named their children after them. Somethng snapped in Ortiz tonight and he should be tested and evaluated. He strikes out and goes whacko? Why? Why? Why? Players strike out every game and they don't act like he did tonight. He has become bigger than the game and thinks he's a celebrity. He get's too much attention and someday he'll just fade away and nobody will miss him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/umpires/rules_interest.jsp

Rule 2.00: The Strike Zone

The STRIKE ZONE is that area over home plate the upper limit of which is a horizontal line at the midpoint between the top of the shoulders and the top of the uniform pants, and the lower level is a line at the hollow beneath the kneecap. The Strike Zone shall be determined from the batter's stance as the batter is prepared to swing at a pitched ball.

On the radio they speculated the pitch may have been called a strike because he stepped out of the box before the pitch arrived. Did anybody else see it that way?

It was pretty much definitely called a strike because he showed up the pitcher by starting to take first before the pitch even got to the catcher. That being said, the call wasn't even that bad. It was pretty borderline. The dude needs to be suspended going ape**** like that. You're winning 7-2...there's no reason to get that upset about a pretty meaningless AB. He flat out flipped his **** and turned violent. Sure it sounds cliche but there are kids watching.

If you decide to make blanket statements and judgments about a large group of people, most of whom tend to be good and positively influence their community, you are a lousy person and make lousy interpretations of character. Athletes can make some of the best role models, if you choose the right ones.

If you decide to make blanket statements and judgments about a large group of people, most of whom tend to be good and positively influence their community, you are a lousy person and make lousy interpretations of character. Athletes can make some of the best role models, if you choose the right ones.

Not really.

Archived