Orioles have eye on Carlos Quentin

xian4

He'd be a DH and 4th OF at best.

He'd be THE DH. It would be a nice jolt to a lineup that is currently struggling, but no way I pay the price in the OP. Still, this would be a nice lineup:

McLouth

Machado

Markakis

Jones

Davis

Quentin

Hardy

Wieters

BRob

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quentin makes perfect sense. And the question is: is he really a rental? He's signed through 2015 with a mutual option in 2016. Now, he sucks at defense, but the question is what do you give up for a career 255 hitter (843 OPS) for 2.5-3.5 years? I'd imagine it's going to take a pretty penny.

We shouldn't think of this as a trade for a DH. That may be his role for the next 50 games, but I would foresee him sliding into the starting LF job for the next two seasons.

While we have the Pads on the line, we should enquire about Cashner as well.

We shouldn't think of this as a trade for a DH. That may be his role for the next 50 games, but I would foresee him sliding into the starting LF job for the next two seasons.

While we have the Pads on the line, we should enquire about Cashner as well.

He's a pretty bad outfielder... I know Buck wouldn't be too crazy about trotting him out there every night.

His offensive numbers are spectacular this year - considering he plays for SD. Look at his home/away splits. He'd be an ideal DH for the O's - except that he'll always be an injury risk because he gets hit by pitches so often (I think he led the league the last 2 seasons.). I'd offer EdRod and Hoes.

Archived