A-Roid offered a deal to avoid a lifetime ban

Aglets

I haven't followed this all that closely, but didn't ARod purchase and destroy evidence? I'm unclear about his stance against MLB purchasing evidence.

Reminds me of:

"Doyle, I KNOW I gave him four THREES. He had to make a SWITCH. We can't let him get away with that."

"What was I supposed to do -- call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?"

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't followed this all that closely, but didn't ARod purchase and destroy evidence? I'm unclear about his stance against MLB purchasing evidence.

Reminds me of:

"Doyle, I KNOW I gave him four THREES. He had to make a SWITCH. We can't let him get away with that."

"What was I supposed to do -- call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?"

I'd like to think the people doing the "policing" would have a little more integrity than the people they're trying to catch. Otherwise, they have no legitimacy.

I'd like to think the people doing the "policing" would have a little more integrity than the people they're trying to catch. Otherwise, they have no legitimacy.

At least Doyle Lonnegan had the good sense to know how bad it would look to the other players to find out that they had been cheated. ARod doesn't give a rat's pa-toot about the other players or the fans, IMO.

At least Doyle Lonnegan had the good sense to know how bad it would look to the other players to find out that they had been cheated. ARod doesn't give a rat's pa-toot about the other players or the fans, IMO.

Literally nobody is defending ARod. People just expect more from MLB than sinking to his level.

• 3 weeks later...

Texts between Alex Rodriguez and Randy Levine (president of the New York Yankees):

Levine: How r u feeing since u left Robby [Cano] under 200, he needs some steroids fast!
Levine: Hey, what’s up with Robby. This guy must not be using the liquid. U didn’t tell me what did Chris and Steve say your ETA is. Don’t rush it unless u r right. We need you. Nova looks like he may need a breather. What do u see.

http://nymag.com/news/sports/alex-rodriguez-emails-2014-1/?mid=nymag_press

Archived