vs. Astros 7/30. (Without Bud Norris)

weams

The season isn't done, but our playoff hopes are vanishing before our eyes. The Sox and Rays have no intention of losing to teams like the Mariners and D-Backs.

Things can change of course, but watching the way the Red Sox, Rays and Orioles are playing and it's very hard to imagine this team being a playoff contender. This team won't hit this bad all year of copurse, but they are hitting a classic swoon and don't have anyone that will step up and carry them.

I think Davis and MAchado's hot starts made this team look better than they were.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony, people are saying our season is done based on that last inning. That is just crazy.

No losing losing five of last six and losing to the absolute worst team maybe in baseball history while pretending that this will somehow be good enough to contend for anything is called denial. The season is not done, but being a contender is done.

No losing losing five of last six and losing to the absolute worst team maybe in baseball history while pretending that this will somehow be good enough to contend for anything is called denial. The season is not done, but being a contender is done.

Contender for what? The playoffs?

Things can change of course, but watching the way the Red Sox, Rays and Orioles are playing and it's very hard to imagine this team being a playoff contender. This team won't hit this bad all year of copurse, but they are hitting a classic swoon and don't have anyone that will step up and carry them.

I think Davis and MAchado's hot starts made this team look better than they were.

But, But, But, I've gotten my ass kicked for saying this same thing. And like I've been told 5,000 times, if the season ended today, we'd be in the playoffs!! I'm lambasted for saying I think they'll finish with 86 wins. It's good to be the king, Tony, people don't crap on you. ;)

I just tuned in to the game thread. Not able to watch the game at this time. What were the circumstances of this home plate steal that everybody's talking about?

Machado and Chen basically just fell asleep.

I just tuned in to the game thread. Not able to watch the game at this time. What were the circumstances of this home plate steal that everybody's talking about?

Lack of focus....guy got a huge lead down the line and just took off before Chen delivered

Archived