Buck Goes Off on Bud. Calls him Out by Name.

weams

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is still an example of a Boras client that valued comfort more then money.

No doubt, but I think his situation makes clear that Boras was probably not the best agent for him when he has to publicly explain that he had to go against the advise of Boras and that Boras couldn't be bothered to show up at the announcement. That doesn't seem like an agent working hard towards the client's wishes when the objective isn't maximum contract, everything else be damned.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 2m

Buck was asked about USA Today quote about Wieters/NYY. Said wasn't meant for public consumption.

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli 41s

Buck pointed out that conversation was off the record. Not meant for public consumption what was quoted in USA Today.

Now, that makes the most sense yet!!!!!!!!

Thanks

You always get to the bottom of it. Thank T.

Agree and Agree. The thing is, Buck always had a dislike for the big spending teams, and while he raises a good point, it has NOTHING to do with

Selig.

Still. if a deep pocket team went after a PED fueled player they have the comfort in knowing they'll "get a refund" if he gets caught.

Theres something wrong about that.

WRONG? It fundamentally calls into question the integrity of the game. Could the rebate system affect wins and losses? Risk management is huge part of the game but the Yankees are somehow not held to same standards. Hell lets not forget the great job Boston did last year by trading away a quarter of billion in bad contracts.

Hang on now, guys. You all are still arguing about the minutae of the ARod thing or the Wieters/Boras money type connections, but right now I'm WAY more disturbed by the fact that it was ferreted out that Buck's original quote was off the record and still got published anyways. Doesn't anyone else find that problematic? Why would someone do that?

Hang on now, guys. You all are still arguing about the minutae of the ARod thing or the Wieters/Boras money type connections, but right now I'm WAY more disturbed by the fact that it was ferreted out that Buck's original quote was off the record and still got published anyways. Doesn't anyone else find that problematic? Why would someone do that?

Page views.

Right, and considering the nature of the quote, there's any number of reasons why. It's still unethical if done on purpose, and if not, there should be an apology.

I bet a lot of folks would click on a link that contained an apology to Buck for running something off the record.

I bet a lot of folks would click on a link that contained an apology to Buck for running something off the record.

Also true. Still. This kinda stuff makes me put on my tinfoil hat sometimes. Considering the rift it could have caused, anyways.

Archived